Apr 24, 2005 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- South/East Asia
- Much of North America
- Much of South America
- Indian Ocean
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
- Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Tokyo, Japan
- Guatemala, Guatemala
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Havana, Cuba
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Lima, Lima, Peru
- Caracas, Venezuela
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- Santiago, Chile
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*||Visible in Seattle|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Apr 24 at 7:54 AM||Apr 24 at 12:54 AM||Yes|
|Maximum Eclipse||Apr 24 at 9:55 AM||Apr 24 at 2:55 AM||Yes|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Apr 24 at 11:56 AM||Apr 24 at 4:56 AM||Yes|
* The Moon is above the horizon during this eclipse, so with good weather conditions in Seattle, the entire eclipse is visible.