Mar 3 – Mar 4, 2007 Total Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
BETA: This is a temporary animation, it would look different in real life. We hope to fix that issue soon.
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- West in Asia
- East in North America
- East in South America
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations near the shadow's path:
- Asuncion, Paraguay
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- La Paz, Bolivia
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Montevideo, Uruguay
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Caracas, Venezuela
- Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Kingston, Jamaica
- Bogota, Colombia
- Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- Miami, Florida, U.S.A.
- Nassau, Bahamas
- Lima, Lima, Peru
- Havana, Cuba
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Managua, Nicaragua
- New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A.
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A.
- Belmopan, Belize
- Jefferson City, Missouri, U.S.A.
- Merida, Yucatán, Mexico
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana, U.S.A.
- Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S.A.
- Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.A.
- Guatemala, Guatemala
- Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.A.
- Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
- Dallas, Texas, U.S.A.
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, U.S.A.
- Bismarck, North Dakota, U.S.A.
- Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
- Pierre, South Dakota, U.S.A.
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico
- Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*||Visible in Seattle|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Mar 3 at 8:20 PM||Mar 3 at 12:20 PM||No, under horizon|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Mar 3 at 9:31 PM||Mar 3 at 1:31 PM||No, under horizon|
|Full Eclipse begins||Mar 3 at 10:46 PM||Mar 3 at 2:46 PM||No, under horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Mar 3 at 11:21 PM||Mar 3 at 3:21 PM||No, under horizon|
|Full Eclipse ends||Mar 3 at 11:56 PM||Mar 3 at 3:56 PM||No, under horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Mar 4 at 1:10 AM||Mar 3 at 5:10 PM||No, under horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Mar 4 at 2:22 AM||Mar 3 at 6:22 PM||Yes|
* The Moon is under the horizon in Seattle some of the time, so that part of the eclipse is not visible.