Jun 10 – Jun 11, 2002 Annular Solar Eclipse
What the eclipse would look like near the maximum point
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like near the maximum point of the eclipse (weather permitting).
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least a partial eclipse:
- South/East Asia
- North in Australia
- Much of North America
Annular eclipse visible in:
Locations near the shadow's path:
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Gorontalo, Gorontalo, Indonesia
- Manado, North Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Palu, Central Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Davao, Philippines
- Koror, Palau
- Melekeok, Palau
- Colonia, Yap, Micronesia
- Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
- Hagåtña, Guam
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, Mexico
- Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
- Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico
- Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
- Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico
- Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
- Ixtlán del Río, Nayarit, Mexico
- Punta Mita, Jalisco, Mexico
- Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
When the eclipse happens worldwideThe eclipse starts at one location and ends at another. The times below are actual times (in UTC) when the eclipse occurs.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Washington DC*|
|First location to see partial eclipse begin||Jun 10 at 8:53 PM||Jun 10 at 4:53 PM|
|First location to see full Eclipse begin||Jun 10 at 9:55 PM||Jun 10 at 5:55 PM|
|Maximum Eclipse||Jun 10 at 11:50 PM||Jun 10 at 7:50 PM|
|Last location to see full Eclipse end||Jun 11 at 1:36 AM||Jun 10 at 9:36 PM|
|Last location to see partial Eclipse end||Jun 11 at 2:38 AM||Jun 10 at 10:38 PM|
* Local times shown do not refer to when the eclipse can be observed from Washington DC. Instead, they indicate the times when the eclipse begins, is at its max, and ends, somewhere else on earth. The corresponding local times are useful if you want to view the eclipse via a live webcam.
Eclipses viewable in Washington DC.
Eclipses during year 2002
- May 26, 2002 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Jun 10 – Jun 11, 2002 Annular Solar Eclipse (Currently shown)
- Jun 24, 2002 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Nov 19 – Nov 20, 2002 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Dec 4, 2002 Total Solar Eclipse
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun
- Calendar for 2014
- Calendar Generator – Create a calendar for any year
- Duration between two dates – Calculates number of days