Sep 11, 2007 Partial Solar Eclipse
What the eclipse would look like near the maximum point
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like near the maximum point of the eclipse (weather permitting).
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least a partial eclipse:
- Parts of South America
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Córdoba, Córdoba, Argentina
- Santiago, Chile
- Talcahuano, Chile
- Concepción, Chile
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Temuco, Chile
- Montevideo, Uruguay
- Valdivia, Chile
- Neuquén, Neuquén, Argentina
- Osorno, Chile
- Bariloche, Rio Negro, Argentina
- Puerto Montt, Chile
- Viedma, Rio Negro, Argentina
- Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut, Argentina
- Río Gallegos, Santa Cruz, Argentina
- Punta Arenas, Chile
- Río Grande, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
- Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
- Stanley, Falkland Islands
- King Edward Point, South Georgia/Sandwich Is.
When the eclipse happens worldwideThe eclipse starts at one location and ends at another. The times below are actual times (in UTC) when the eclipse occurs.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Washington DC*|
|First location to see partial eclipse begin||Sep 11 at 10:26 AM||Sep 11 at 6:26 AM|
|Maximum Eclipse||Sep 11 at 12:31 PM||Sep 11 at 8:31 AM|
|Last location to see partial Eclipse end||Sep 11 at 2:36 PM||Sep 11 at 10:36 AM|
* Local times shown do not refer to when the eclipse can be observed from Washington DC. Instead, they indicate the times when the eclipse begins, is at its max, and ends, somewhere else on earth. The corresponding local times are useful if you want to view the eclipse via a live webcam.
Eclipses viewable in Washington DC.
Eclipses during year 2007
- Mar 3 – Mar 4, 2007 Total Lunar Eclipse
- Mar 19, 2007 Partial Solar Eclipse
- Aug 28, 2007 Total Lunar Eclipse
- Sep 11, 2007 Partial Solar Eclipse (Currently shown)
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun
- Calendar for 2013
- Calendar Generator – Create a calendar for any year
- Duration between two dates – Calculates number of days