November 3, 2013 — Total Solar Eclipse
A total solar eclipse will be visible from parts of Africa on November 3, 2013. The eclipse will be partial for people in some parts of Asia, Europe, North America and South America.
Where the Eclipse Was Seen
Regions that saw, at least, a partial eclipse: South/West Europe, South/West Asia, Africa, South/East North America, North/West South America, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean.
Observers in the eastern coast of the United States, northern South America, southern Europe, the Middle East and Africa will be able to see a partial eclipse.
The eclipse will reach its maximum over the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Liberia.
The whole eclipse will be visible to observers in Gabon, Congo and Democratic Republic of Congo.
When the Eclipse Happened Worldwide
The eclipse started at one location and ended at another. The times below are actual times (in UTC) when the eclipse occurred.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in New York*|
|First location to see the partial eclipse begin||Nov 3 at 10:04||Nov 3 at 5:04 AM|
|First location to see the full eclipse begin||Nov 3 at 11:05||Nov 3 at 6:05 AM|
|Maximum eclipse||Nov 3 at 12:50||Nov 3 at 7:50 AM|
|Last location to see the full eclipse end||Nov 3 at 14:27||Nov 3 at 9:27 AM|
|Last location to see the partial eclipse end||Nov 3 at 15:28||Nov 3 at 10:28 AM|
* Local times shown do not refer to when the eclipse could be observed from New York. Instead, they indicate the times when the eclipse began, was at its max, and ended, somewhere else on Earth. The corresponding local times are useful if you wanted to view the eclipse via a live webcam.
Eclipses visible in New York.
Eclipses in Your City
Eclipses during year 2013
- Apr 25 / Apr 26, 2013 — Partial Lunar Eclipse
- May 9 / May 10, 2013 – Annular Solar Eclipse
- May 24 / May 25, 2013 — Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Oct 18 / Oct 19, 2013 — Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Nov 3, 2013 – Total Solar Eclipse (this page)
Eclipses during year 2016
- Mar 8 / Mar 9, 2016 – Total Solar Eclipse
- Mar 23, 2016 — Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- May 9 / May 10, 2016 — Mercury Transit
- Aug 18, 2016 — Almost Lunar Eclipse
- Sep 1, 2016 – Annular Solar Eclipse
- Sep 16 / Sep 17, 2016 — Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
Eclipses during year 2017
- Feb 10 / Feb 11, 2017 — Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Feb 26, 2017 – Annular Solar Eclipse
- Aug 7 / Aug 8, 2017 — Partial Lunar Eclipse
- Aug 21, 2017 – Total Solar Eclipse