November 3, 2013 — Total Solar Eclipse
A total solar eclipse will be visible from parts of Africa on November 3, 2013. The eclipse will be partial for people in some parts of Asia, Europe, North America and South America.
Where the eclipse could be seen
Regions that saw at least a partial eclipse: South/West Europe, South/East Asia, Africa, South/West North America, North/West South America, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean.
Observers in the eastern coast of the United States, northern South America, southern Europe, the Middle East and Africa will be able to see a partial eclipse.
The eclipse will reach its maximum over the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Liberia.
The whole eclipse will be visible to observers in Gabon, Congo and Democratic Republic of Congo.
When the eclipse happened worldwide
The eclipse started at one location and ended at another. The times below are actual times (in UTC) when the eclipse occurred.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Washington DC*|
|First location to see partial eclipse begin||Nov 3 at 10:03 AM||Nov 3 at 5:03 AM|
|First location to see full Eclipse begin||Nov 3 at 11:04 AM||Nov 3 at 6:04 AM|
|Maximum Eclipse||Nov 3 at 12:49 PM||Nov 3 at 7:49 AM|
|Last location to see full Eclipse end||Nov 3 at 2:26 PM||Nov 3 at 9:26 AM|
|Last location to see partial Eclipse end||Nov 3 at 3:27 PM||Nov 3 at 10:27 AM|
* Local times shown do not refer to when the eclipse could be observed from Washington DC. Instead, they indicate the times when the eclipse began, was at its max, and ended, somewhere else on earth. The corresponding local times are useful if you wanted to view the eclipse via a live webcam.
Eclipses visible in Washington DC.
Eclipses visible from your city
Eclipses during year 2013
- Apr 25, 2013 – Partial Lunar Eclipse
- May 9 / May 10, 2013 – Annular Solar Eclipse
- May 25, 2013 – Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Oct 18 / Oct 19, 2013 – Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Nov 3, 2013 – Total Solar Eclipse (this page)
Eclipses during year 2015
- Mar 20, 2015 – Total Solar Eclipse
- Apr 4, 2015 – Total Lunar Eclipse
- Sep 13, 2015 – Partial Solar Eclipse
- Sep 28, 2015 – Total Lunar Eclipse
Eclipses during year 2016
- Mar 8 / Mar 9, 2016 – Total Solar Eclipse
- Mar 23, 2016 – Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Sep 1, 2016 – Annular Solar Eclipse
- Sep 16, 2016 – Penumbral Lunar Eclipse