Eid ul-Adha in Bangladesh
Quick FactsEid al-Adha (Id ul-Adha) is a four-day Islamic festival starting on the 10th day of the month of Dhul Hijja (Thou al-Hijja) to commemorate the willingness of Ibrahim (Abraham) to sacrifice his son.
|Korbani Eid||Bengali (latin)|
Alternative nameFeast of Sacrifice
Eid ul-Adha 2014Sunday, October 5, 2014
Eid ul-Adha 2015Thursday, September 24, 2015
Note: Government offices and most businesses are closed during a public holiday.
List of dates for other years
Eid al-Adha is an Islamic festival to commemorate the willingness of Ibrahim (also known as Abraham) to follow Allah's (God's) command to sacrifice his son Ishmael. Muslims around the world observe this event.
About Eid ul-AdhaRead more about Eid ul-Adha.
Eid ul-Adha ObservancesNote: Government offices and most businesses are closed during a public holiday.
|Fri||Jan 21||2005||Eid ul-Adha||Public Holiday|
|Wed||Jan 11||2006||Eid ul-Adha||Public Holiday|
|Thu||Dec 20||2007||Eid ul-Adha||Public Holiday|
|Tue||Dec 9||2008||Eid ul-Adha||Public Holiday|
|Sat||Nov 28||2009||Eid ul-Adha||Public Holiday|
|Wed||Nov 17||2010||Eid ul-Adha||Public Holiday|
|Mon||Nov 7||2011||Eid ul-Adha||Public Holiday|
|Fri||Oct 26||2012||Eid ul-Adha||Public Holiday|
|Tue||Oct 15||2013||Eid ul-Adha||Public Holiday|
|Sun||Oct 5||2014||Eid ul-Adha||Public Holiday|
|Thu||Sep 24||2015||Eid ul-Adha||Public Holiday|
Other holidays in October 2014 in Bangladesh
- Vijaya Dasami ―Saturday, October 4, 2014
- Eid ul-Adha Day 2 ―Monday, October 6, 2014
- Eid ul-Adha Day 3 ―Tuesday, October 7, 2014
- Eid ul-Adha Day 4 ―Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- Prabarana Purnima ―Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- Lakshmi Puja ―Thursday, October 23, 2014
- Sri Shayama Puja ―Thursday, October 23, 2014
- Halloween ―Friday, October 31, 2014
- Perpetual yearly calendar - make yearly calendar for any year
- Perpetual monthly calendar - shows only one month at a time
- Custom calendar - make customized calendars