Eid ul-Fitr in Bangladesh
Eid-al-Fitr (Eid al-Fitr, Eid ul-Fitr, Id-Ul-Fitr, Eid) is the first day of the Islamic month of Shawwal. It marks the end of Ramadan, which is a month of fasting and prayer. Many Muslims attend communal prayers, listen to a khutba (sermon) and give zakat al-fitr (charity in the form of food) during Eid al-Fitr.
About Eid ul-FitrRead more about Eid ul-Fitr.
Eid ul-Fitr ObservancesNote: Government offices and most businesses are closed during a public holiday.
|Sat||Sep 11||2010||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Thu||Sep 1||2011||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Mon||Aug 20||2012||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Fri||Aug 9||2013||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Mon||Jul 28||2014||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Sat||Jul 18||2015||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Wed||Jul 6||2016||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
Quick FactsEid-al-Fitr is a holiday to mark the end of the Islamic month of Ramadan, during which Muslims fast during the hours of daylight.
Eid ul-Fitr 2016Wednesday, July 6, 2016
2017 date to be announced
Other holidays in July 2016 in Bangladesh
- Jumatul Bidah – Friday, July 1, 2016
- Night of Destiny – Sunday, July 3, 2016
- Eid ul-Fitr (extra holiday) – Monday, July 4, 2016
- Eid ul-Fitr (extra holiday) – Tuesday, July 5, 2016
- Eid ul-Fitr Holiday Day 2 – Thursday, July 7, 2016
- Eid ul-Fitr Holiday Day 3 – Friday, July 8, 2016
- Eid ul-Fitr Holiday Day 4 – Saturday, July 9, 2016