Eid ul-Fitr in Bangladesh
Quick FactsEid-al-Fitr is a holiday to mark the end of the Islamic month of Ramadan, during which Muslims fast during the hours of daylight.
|Rojar Eid||Bengali (latin)|
Alternative nameEnd of Ramadan
Eid ul-Fitr 2014Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Note: Government offices and most businesses are closed during a public holiday.
List of dates for other years
Eid-al-Fitr (Eid al-Fitr, Eid ul-Fitr, Id-Ul-Fitr, Eid) is the first day of the Islamic month of Shawwal. It marks the end of Ramadan, which is a month of fasting and prayer. Many Muslims attend communal prayers, listen to a khutba (sermon) and give zakat al-fitr (charity in the form of food) during Eid al-Fitr.
About Eid ul-FitrRead more about Eid ul-Fitr.
Eid ul-Fitr ObservancesNote: Government offices and most businesses are closed during a public holiday.
|Sat||Nov 5||2005||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Wed||Oct 25||2006||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Sun||Oct 14||2007||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Fri||Oct 3||2008||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Tue||Sep 22||2009||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Sat||Sep 11||2010||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Thu||Sep 1||2011||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Mon||Aug 20||2012||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Fri||Aug 9||2013||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
|Wed||Jul 30||2014||Eid ul-Fitr||Public Holiday|
Other holidays in July 2014 in Bangladesh
- July 1 Bank Holiday ―Tuesday, July 1, 2014
- Night of Destiny ―Thursday, July 24, 2014
- Jumatul Bidah ―Friday, July 25, 2014
- Eid ul-Fitr Holiday Day 2 ―Thursday, July 31, 2014
- Perpetual yearly calendar - make yearly calendar for any year
- Perpetual monthly calendar - shows only one month at a time
- Custom calendar - make customized calendars