Maundy Thursday in Bangladesh
Maundy Thursday commemorates Jesus Christ’s institution of the Eucharist during the Last Supper, which is described in the Christian bible. The day is also known as Passion Thursday, Paschal Thursday or Sheer (or Shere) Thursday. It is the day before Good Friday and occurs during Holy Week.
About Maundy ThursdayRead more about Maundy Thursday.
Maundy Thursday ObservancesNote: This day is an optional public holiday for the religious communities in Bangladesh.
Holiday currently only shown for years 2005–2017.
|Thu||Apr 1||2010||Maundy Thursday||Optional Holiday|
|Thu||Apr 21||2011||Maundy Thursday||Optional Holiday|
|Thu||Apr 5||2012||Maundy Thursday||Optional Holiday|
|Thu||Mar 28||2013||Maundy Thursday||Optional Holiday|
|Thu||Apr 17||2014||Maundy Thursday||Optional Holiday|
|Thu||Apr 2||2015||Maundy Thursday||Optional Holiday|
|Thu||Mar 24||2016||Maundy Thursday||Optional Holiday|
|Thu||Apr 13||2017||Maundy Thursday||Optional Holiday|
Quick FactsMaundy Thursday is a Christian observance on the Thursday during Holy Week. It is the day before Good Friday.
Maundy Thursday 2016Thursday, March 24, 2016
Maundy Thursday 2017Thursday, April 13, 2017
- Good Friday – Friday, March 25, 2016
- Holy Saturday – Saturday, March 26, 2016
- Easter Day – Sunday, March 27, 2016
- Easter Monday – Monday, March 28, 2016
Other holidays in March 2017 in Bangladesh
- Ash Wednesday – Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- National Flag Day – Thursday, March 2, 2017
- Holi – Monday, March 13, 2017
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s birthday – Friday, March 17, 2017
- Independence Day – Sunday, March 26, 2017
United Nation Holidays on March 24, 2017
- World Tuberculosis Day
- International Day for the Right to the Truth concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims