Night of Destiny in Bangladesh
Laylat al-Qadr, also known as Shab-e-Qadr, Night of Decree, Night of Measures, is and Islamic observance that marks the anniversary of the night Mohammad received the first verses of the Koran (Qu'ran).
About Night of DestinyRead more about Night of Destiny.
Night of Destiny ObservancesNote: Government offices and most businesses are closed during a public holiday.
|Tue||Sep 7||2010||Night of Destiny||Public Holiday|
|Sun||Aug 28||2011||Night of Destiny||Public Holiday|
|Thu||Aug 16||2012||Night of Destiny||Public Holiday|
|Tue||Aug 6||2013||Night of Destiny||Public Holiday|
|Sat||Jul 26||2014||Night of Destiny||Public Holiday|
|Wed||Jul 15||2015||Night of Destiny||Public Holiday|
|Sun||Jul 3||2016||Night of Destiny||Public Holiday|
Quick FactsLaylat al-Qadr commmemorates the time when Mohammad received the first verses of the Koran (Qu'ran).
Night of Destiny 2016Sunday, July 3, 2016
2017 date to be announced
Other holidays in July 2016 in Bangladesh
- Jumatul Bidah – Friday, July 1, 2016
- Eid ul-Fitr (extra holiday) – Monday, July 4, 2016
- Eid ul-Fitr (extra holiday) – Tuesday, July 5, 2016
- Eid ul-Fitr – Wednesday, July 6, 2016
- Eid ul-Fitr Holiday Day 2 – Thursday, July 7, 2016
- Eid ul-Fitr Holiday Day 3 – Friday, July 8, 2016
- Eid ul-Fitr Holiday Day 4 – Saturday, July 9, 2016