Easter Day in India
Easter Sunday is one of the most festive events among Christians worldwide. It commemorates Jesus Christ’s resurrection from death, as written in the Christian bible.
About Easter DayRead more about Easter Day.
Easter Day ObservancesNote: Individuals can take a limited number of restricted holidays but government offices and most businesses remain open. This system gives individuals the flexibility to take time off to celebrate a holiday within India's vast religious and cultural society.
|Sun||Apr 4||2010||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Apr 24||2011||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Apr 8||2012||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Mar 31||2013||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Apr 20||2014||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Apr 5||2015||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Mar 27||2016||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
Quick FactsEaster Sunday commemorates Jesus Christ’s resurrection, according to Christian belief.
Easter Day 2015Sunday, April 5, 2015
Easter Day 2016Sunday, March 27, 2016
Other holidays in April 2016 in India
- Chaitra Sukhladi – Friday, April 8, 2016
- Vaisakhi – Wednesday, April 13, 2016
- Mesadi/Vaisakhadi – Thursday, April 14, 2016
- Rama Navami – Friday, April 15, 2016
- Mahavir Jayanti – Wednesday, April 20, 2016
- Hazarat Ali's Birthday – Thursday, April 21, 2016
- First day of Passover – Saturday, April 23, 2016