Easter Day in India
Quick FactsEaster Sunday commemorates Jesus Christ’s resurrection, according to Christian belief.
Easter Day 2014Sunday, April 20, 2014
Note: Individuals can take a limited number of restricted holidays but government offices and most businesses remain open. This system gives individuals the flexibility to take time off to celebrate a holiday within India's vast religious and cultural society.
List of dates for other years
Easter Sunday is one of the most festive events among Christians worldwide. It commemorates Jesus Christ’s resurrection from death, as written in the Christian bible.
©iStockphoto.com/ Marcus Lindström
About Easter DayRead more about Easter Day.
Easter Day ObservancesNote: Individuals can take a limited number of restricted holidays but government offices and most businesses remain open. This system gives individuals the flexibility to take time off to celebrate a holiday within India's vast religious and cultural society.
|Sun||Mar 27||2005||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Apr 16||2006||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Apr 8||2007||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Mar 23||2008||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Apr 12||2009||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Apr 4||2010||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Apr 24||2011||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Apr 8||2012||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Mar 31||2013||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
|Sun||Apr 20||2014||Easter Day||Restricted Holiday|
Other holidays in April 2014 in India
- Rama Navami ―Tuesday, April 8, 2014
- Mahavir Jayanti ―Sunday, April 13, 2014
- Vaisakhi ―Monday, April 14, 2014
- Ambedkar Jayanti ―Monday, April 14, 2014
- First day of Passover ―Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- Mesadi/Vaisakhadi ―Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- Maundy Thursday ―Thursday, April 17, 2014
- Good Friday ―Friday, April 18, 2014
- Perpetual yearly calendar - make yearly calendar for any year
- Perpetual monthly calendar - shows only one month at a time
- Custom calendar - make customized calendars