timeanddate.com wishes to advise that these are resources available on the Internet:
- zoneinfo - The Time Zone Database- maintained by Arthur David Olson, Paul Eggert and hundreds of volunteers, for most of time zone information used by this site.
- The Calendar FAQ - maintained by Claus Tøndering, excellent guide to Calendars.
- The CIA World Fact-book.
- Nasa Visible Earth.
- iStockphoto - an online member-generated image and design community.
These resources have been very helpful during the development and maintenance of this site.
People who have helped
- Thousands of people have helped with suggestions, corrections and ideas of what is needed on the site. Many thanks to everyone who has been supportive and helpful.
- Thanks to everyone who reported errors, daylight saving time (DST) and time zone changes.
- Thanks to those who linked, wrote or told friends about this site.
- Thanks to those who advertise on the site - to keep it alive.
- Thanks for the positive feedback sent to us via email.
- Thanks to everyone else who helped in one way or another.
Software used developing the site
Most of the web pages are created on-the-fly using scripts. Four different programming languages are used, as they are each beneficial for the development and maintenance of this site.
Other software used for this website:
- Linux as the primary development platform.
- Apache 2 with PHP as the development webserver.
- Emacs - a very powerful editor used for writing the programs and HTML-code.
- Eclipse - a very powerful IDE.
- GD - Graphics library.
- CSE HTML validator.
- Paint Shop Pro, xpaint and xv for some graphics.
- Analog 6.0 - for website statistics.