How to Use the World Clock–Time Zones iPhone App
Follow this user's guide for the World Clock–Time Zones iPhone app to find out the local time and relevant time zone information for any location around the world. Get the local times for your Favorite cities and save them for easy reuse.
How Do I Get the World Clock–Time Zones App?
You can download the World Clock–Time Zones app from the App Store or in iTunes.
To download the app, simply tap the price button in the upper right-hand corner and navigate through the “Buy Now” options. When the download is complete, the World Clock–Time Zones app will appear on your home screen and is ready for you to use at any time.
Using the World Clock–Time Zones
- Press the Home button at any time to go to the Home screen.
- Tap on the World Clock–Time Zones icon to open the application.
- New York and Berlin will appear as the default “Favorites”. From here you can add and delete your Favorite cities to your main World Clock screen.
There are three icons located at the bottom of the screen (from left to right):
- Favorites - Shows all of your saved locations and brings you to the main World Clock screen (See Figure 1).
- World Clock - Find a location and get city information with or without adding it to your Favorites (See Figure 2).
- Synchronize - Synchronize the clock within the app to timeanddate.com (See Figure 5).
- Help - Features more information and guides about the application.
Add or Delete a City from Favorites
To add a city to your Favorites:
- Tap on the Favorites icon and then the “+” button at the top left corner of the screen.
- You can either start typing the city name or use the side index to select the first letter of the city name.
- Select the city name from the list which will automatically be saved to your Favorites.
- Switch between different displays by tapping on “Display” located at the top of the screen.
- Choose to show an analog clock, a digital clock or a text clock.
To delete a city from your Favorites:
- Tap on “edit” located at the top right of your Favorites screen.
- Select the red icon located next to the city that you wish to delete.
- Tap on “delete” to erase the entry.
- You can also swipe the city row and press delete to delete a city from the Favorites list.
How to Use the World Clock feature
Find a city/location without adding it to your Favorites with the World Clock feature (See Figure 2). Customize the World Clock features to view time zone information while searching for a location by following these steps:
- Tap on the “World Clock” icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- To filter your search, select “Filter” located at the top left of the screen and choose the best category for your search:
- Full list.
- Main list.
- Capitals only.
- The list can be shown alphabetically or by the hour (time) by tapping on “↑↓”.
- Select “Customize” located at the top right-hand corner of the screen to choose different options for the search.
- Display - Show the city by itself or with the state, and/or country.
- Display Date - Choose to have the Date display On or Off.
- Clock - Select between an analog, digital or text clock.
- Time Zone - Choose if you would like to have no time zone information shown, only time zone abbreviations shown, or only daylight saving time (DST) information displayed.
View City InformationTap on the city row to view the current time and time zone information for the selected city (See Figure 3).
- Location - Shows the city, state, country and country flag. View the city on a map by selecting “map” (selecting this feature will take you out of the application).
- Current Time - Find out the current time for the selected city. Tap on the row to view and select a different analog clock design (See Figure 4).
- Time Zone - Learn the Time Zone name and abbreviation for the selected city, as well as its offset from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Time Difference - Find out the time difference between the selected city and your current location.
Synchronize your clock for accuracy
If you tap on the icon of a clock labeled “Synchronize” located at the bottom of your iPhone screen, you will be directed to a page that shows your current local time and a synchronization option (see Figure 5).
Our World Clock–Time Zones app synchronizes with an accurate time source – so you can trust timeanddate.com has the correct time, even if your iPhone’s clock is not synchronized to show the correct time.
Fill out our online support form if you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the World Clock-Time Zones app for iPhone.
You can also email any questions, bug reports, or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention “World Clock” in the subject line and give a detailed description of the problem so that we can improve the quality and performance of our apps.
The help system is based on the iUI User Interface framework which is Copyright © 2007 - 2009, iUI Project Members. All rights reserved.
- World Clock - Time Zones iPhone App
- iPhone Apps from timeanddate.com
- The Meeting Planner by timeanddate.com iPhone App
- How to use the Meeting Planner by timeanddate.com iPhone App
- Countdown Timer Pro for iPhone