How to Use Our Meeting Planner on Your iPhone
timeanddate.com’s World Meeting Planner application gives iPhone users the convenience of arranging an international meeting right at their fingertips.
What is the Meeting Planner for?
timeanddate.com’s World Meeting Planner application gives iPhone users the ability to easily plan an international meeting time that can be sent to all parties involved via email. The color coded results table displays the most convenient times for your international meeting based on the convenience of the local times in each selected city.
If you wish to contact timeanddate.com about the Meeting Planner application, our contact information is locate at the bottom of this page. This is the first version of this application.
How Do I Get timeanddate.com’s Meeting Planner?
You can download timeanddate.com’s Meeting Planner application from the Apple iPhone App Store. From here, you can search for World Meeting Planner or you can use the following direct iTunes link.
To download the app, simply tap the price button in the upper right hand corner and navigate through the “Buy Now” options. When the download is complete, your new timeanddate.com World Meeting Planner application will now appear on your home screen and is ready to launch and use at any time.
Using the Meeting Planner on iPhone
To access your iPhone applications, press the Home button at any time to go to the Home screen. Simply tap on timeanddate.com’s World Meeting Planner icon to open the application. There will be a welcome information box that first appears where you can press “OK” to continue. The new meeting screen will appear showing your current location (only if you allow the app to find your location) when the application launches. From here you can add cities from all around the world and set the date of your meeting.
You will notice that there are three icons located at the bottom of each screen – the globe on the left represents the “Meeting Planner” that will bring you to the current meeting or creates a new meeting (see Figure 1), the folder in the middle labeled “Meetings” (see Figure 2) has all of your saved meetings, and the icon on the right is the help feature that has information about the timeanddate.com Meeting Planner application.
All meetings by default will automatically be saved as the locations’ names in the saved folder. You can organize all of your saved meetings by giving them a custom name in the saved folder by tapping on the “Name this Meeting” button. At any time, you can tap on the “Meeting Planner” button on the bottom left of the screen to go back to the current meeting.
Plan a New Meeting
After you have opened the Meeting Planner application, you can create a new meeting simply by following these steps:
- Create a new meeting by tapping on the MeetingPlanner button at the bottom left corner of the screen, if you are not already there (Please note that your current location will automatically be added when you create a new meeting only if you allow the app to find your location).
- Change the date of the meeting by tapping on the current date shown. Select the day, month, and year. Select “Use date” if you would like to use the date selected, otherwise you can tap on “Always use Current Date” if you would like to use the present date rather than entering in a specific date.
- Tap on the "+" button located at the top left corner of the screen and select a city/location from the given list to add to the current meeting.
- Tap on the city row to view the current time and time zone information for the selected city.
- You can add as many cities as you would like into the meeting by selecting the “+” button and repeating the previous steps.
- To delete a city/location, simply tap on “edit” located at the top right of your screen and then select the red icon located next to the city/location that you wish to delete. A delete box will appear to the right, where you can tap on “delete” to erase the entry.
- To reorder a location, tap on the “Edit” button and drag the right end of the city row to move it up or down the list, and then select “Done”.
- When you have all of the selected cities involved in the meeting, simply tap on “Show Timetable” to see how the different time zones correspond to each other.
- The results page will display a list hour-by-hour but will automatically scroll to the best possible local times to have your meeting for all of the selected cities.
How to Read the Time Table
The local corresponding times for the first locations listed will be shown in the calculated time table. All locations may not be shown in this section due to the available space allowed. Click on any row to view the local times for all selected locations.
This result page is based on a color coded system that shows the most and least convenient times for your meeting:
- Green –if the local time in ALL* of the selected cities is in the typical first half of the day when most people are at work (Monday – Friday).
- Yellow – if the local time in ALL* of the selected cities are not during the night.
- Red – if the local time in one or more of the selected cities is during the night time or normal sleeping hours.
- Gray – if the local time for one or more of the selected cities has already occurred and is in the past. Note that these will also be marked with “In the Past”.
*Exception: If you have a large number of locations, the “ALL” requirements are a bit relaxed. There is a chance that you could get green or yellow rows, even if one or a few of the cities fall outside the given rules.
Note: This service does not know about and reflect country and local holidays, countries that have different days of rest other than Monday – Friday.
- To view later and previous days, tap on the “Previous day” button located at the top of the list or the “Next day” button located at the bottom of the list.
- To get a more detailed view of each meeting, tap on any row from the results table. The detailed view has a more specific color coded system that shows the local time in each selected city and its convenience.
- Green – represents the first half of the day when most people are at work (Monday – Friday).
- Yellow – represents the second half of the day when most people are awake but not necessarily at work.
- Red – represents the night time or normal sleeping hours.
- To view later or earlier times, simply tap on the “later” or “earlier” buttons.
Once you have selected the best meeting time for all involved parties, you can either email the meeting information to others or add the meeting to your iCalendar.
Email the Meeting Details from Your iPhone
After you have selected the most convenient time for an international meeting, you can send an email to all parties involved. To send an email with the meeting time and date information, simply follow these steps:
- Select the meeting that you wish to send to others.
- Tap on the “email” button located on the bottom of the screen.
- If this is the first time that you are using the iPhone email, select your email provider from the list given or choose another provider by selecting “other”.
- Your email program will open with the suggested text of the details for the meeting.
- Simply enter in the email addresses and enter in a brief message, if desired.
- Tap “send” to email all of the information for your meeting to all parties involved.
Add the Meeting to Your Calendar
To add this meeting to your Calendar, simply tap on “Calendar” located on the bottom of the screen. The meeting will automatically be added as an event to the inbuilt Calendar on your iPhone. Note that this feature requires iPhone OS 4.0.
Fill out our online support form if you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the Meeting Planner app for iPhone.
You can also email any questions, bug reports, or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention “Meeting App” in the subject line and give a detailed description of the problem so that we can improve the quality and performance of our apps.
This help system is based on the iUI User Interface framework which is Copyright © 2007 - 2009, iUI Project Members. All rights reserved.
- About the World Meeting Planner for iPhone
- Meeting Planner
- Exact Countdown 2011 for iPhone
- iPhone Apps from timeanddate.com