Time Zone change in Antarctica
Two Antarctic research stations will change their time zone on Wednesday, February 22, 2012.
According to the Australian Antarctic Division, clocks in Casey Station will be turned 3 hours back to UTC+8 at 4 am (04:00) Hobart Time. Residents of Davis Station will advance their clocks 2 hours to UTC+7 at 7am (07:00) Hobart Time.
There are currently about 20 people living in Casey Station. The population of Davis Station ranges from 20 (winter) to 70 (summer). Both stations are maintained by the Australian Antarctic Division.
- Russia returns to European DST in October 2014
- Egypt and Morocco suspend DST for Ramadan
- Egypt re-introduces Daylight Saving Time
- GMT obsolete as prime meridian moves to Paris
- Middle East & North Africa DST roundup
- Australia & New Zealand end DST on April 6, 2014
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2014
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time