Colorado and Utah Stop Bills to Abolish DST
Published 5-Feb-2013. Changed 7-Feb-2013
Colorado keeps switching...
This was the second time Republican Senator Greg Brophy proposed to keep the U.S. state of Colorado on Daylight Saving Time (DST) year-round. The same proposal was met by fierce opposition in 2011 and was ultimately dropped.
...and so does Utah
A similar initiative was recently rejected in Utah. The state has also seen several initiatives in past years to abolish DST. All of them were rejected.
DST in the United States
In most regions of the United States, including Colorado and Utah, this year's DST period begins on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 2am (02:00) local time.
- Libya remains on Daylight Saving Time
- USA & Canada end DST on Sunday, November 3, 2013
- Brazil: Acre and parts of Amazonas switch time zones
- Spain ponders switching time zones
- Morocco extends DST to October 27, 2013
- Jordan remains on DST for a second year
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Time Zone News
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2013
- Time Zone Abbreviations