Colorado and Utah Stop Bills to Abolish DST
Published 5-Feb-2013. Changed 7-Feb-2013
Colorado keeps switching...
This was the second time Republican Senator Greg Brophy proposed to keep the U.S. state of Colorado on Daylight Saving Time (DST) year-round. The same proposal was met by fierce opposition in 2011 and was ultimately dropped.
...and so does Utah
A similar initiative was recently rejected in Utah. The state has also seen several initiatives in past years to abolish DST. All of them were rejected.
DST in the United States
In most regions of the United States, including Colorado and Utah, this year's DST period begins on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 2am (02:00) local time.
- Israel to extend Daylight Saving Time again
- Morocco's 2013 Daylight Saving Time Schedule
- New Technology makes Time Travel possible
- Middle East DST Roundup - Syria and Lebanon announce Switch Dates
- West Bank and Gaza start Daylight Saving Time on March 29, 2013
- Haiti starts DST, will follow U.S. schedule in future
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Time Zone News
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2013
- Time Zone Abbreviations