Colorado and Utah Stop Bills to Abolish DST
Published 5-Feb-2013. Changed 7-Feb-2013
Colorado keeps switching...
This was the second time Republican Senator Greg Brophy proposed to keep the U.S. state of Colorado on Daylight Saving Time (DST) year-round. The same proposal was met by fierce opposition in 2011 and was ultimately dropped.
...and so does Utah
A similar initiative was recently rejected in Utah. The state has also seen several initiatives in past years to abolish DST. All of them were rejected.
DST in the United States
In most regions of the United States, including Colorado and Utah, this year's DST period begins on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 2am (02:00) local time.
- March 30, 2014: Europe starts Daylight Saving Time
- Sunday, March 9, 2014: DST starts in USA and Canada
- Chile Extends DST to April 27, 2014
- Turkey delays DST start by one day
- Brazil ends DST on February 16, 2014
- Will Russia revert to “winter time” in 2014?
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Time Zone News
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2014
- Time Zone Abbreviations