Haiti starts DST, will follow U.S. schedule in future
Haiti started Daylight Saving Time (DST) at 2 am (02:00) local time on March 10, 2013 when clocks were advanced by one hour. According to the Haitian media, the country will follow the United States' DST schedule in 2013 and in the future.
Haiti's new DST schedule
Like the United States, Haiti will switch to Daylight Saving Time every year on the second Sunday in March, and end the DST period on the first Sunday in November. In 2013, Haiti will switch back to standard time at 2 am (02:00) local time on November 3.
Please note: As Haiti's DST schedule has often changed at short notice in the past, timeanddate.com classifies all future switch dates in Haiti as preliminary. Keep in touch with our Time Zone News to stay up-to-date about changes in the DST schedule.
Daylight Saving Time in Haiti
Haiti's Time Zone
Haiti shares the same time zone as Eastern Time in the United States and Canada. The country observes Eastern Standard Time (EST) during the non-daylight saving time period. During DST it observes Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). EST is 5 hours, EDT 4 hours behind UTC.
- March 30, 2014: Europe starts Daylight Saving Time
- Sunday, March 9, 2014: DST starts in USA and Canada
- Chile Extends DST to April 27, 2014
- Turkey delays DST start by one day
- Brazil ends DST on February 16, 2014
- Will Russia revert to “winter time” in 2014?
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2014
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time
- Spring Forward, Fall Back and Similar Expressions