Paraguay’s Daylight Saving Moved to March 24, 2013
Paraguay ends Daylight Saving Time (DST) at midnight between Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24, 2013. The switch comes 3 weeks earlier than planned. The South American country was originally scheduled to switch back on Sunday, April 14.
Clocks in Paraguay will be turned back by 1 hour from midnight to 11:00 pm (23:00) local time.
School children's safety
The change of the DST schedule was announced today, March 7, 2013, by the president of the National Electricity Administration (ANDE), Carlos Heisele. According to a statement issued by ANDE, the date change is designed to ensure the safety of school children who usually have to make their way to school in the dark during the last weeks of the DST period.
Paraguay usually begins observing DST on the first Sunday in October and switches back to standard time on the second Sunday in April.
- March 30, 2014: Europe starts Daylight Saving Time
- Sunday, March 9, 2014: DST starts in USA and Canada
- Chile Extends DST to April 27, 2014
- Turkey delays DST start by one day
- Brazil ends DST on February 16, 2014
- Will Russia revert to “winter time” in 2014?
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2014
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time
- Spring Forward, Fall Back and Similar Expressions