South Africa Discards Daylight Saving Idea
©iStockphoto.com/ Frank van den Bergh
Earlier in the month, Ms Sonjica said the Department of Public Enterprises requested Eskom to conduct a study into daylight saving time. If Eskom recommended daylight saving time, the idea would have been considered.
However, recent studies by Eskom have concluded that daylight saving time would not have a significant impact on energy consumption. The issue of introducing daylight saving and the idea of splitting the country into two time zones have both been brought up in recent times to address the nation’s energy crisis. Click here for more information.
- March 30, 2014: Europe starts Daylight Saving Time
- Sunday, March 9, 2014: DST starts in USA and Canada
- Chile Extends DST to April 27, 2014
- Turkey delays DST start by one day
- Brazil ends DST on February 16, 2014
- Will Russia revert to “winter time” in 2014?
- Time Zone News
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2014
- Time Zone Abbreviations