South Africa Discards Daylight Saving Idea
©iStockphoto.com/ Frank van den Bergh
Earlier in the month, Ms Sonjica said the Department of Public Enterprises requested Eskom to conduct a study into daylight saving time. If Eskom recommended daylight saving time, the idea would have been considered.
However, recent studies by Eskom have concluded that daylight saving time would not have a significant impact on energy consumption. The issue of introducing daylight saving and the idea of splitting the country into two time zones have both been brought up in recent times to address the nation’s energy crisis. Click here for more information.
- Morocco's 2013 Daylight Saving Time Schedule
- New Technology makes Time Travel possible
- Middle East DST Roundup - Syria and Lebanon announce Switch Dates
- West Bank and Gaza start Daylight Saving Time on March 29, 2013
- Haiti starts DST, will follow U.S. schedule in future
- Paraguay’s Daylight Saving Moved to March 24, 2013
- Time Zone News
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2013
- Time Zone Abbreviations