Ukraine ministers propose permanent time change in 2013
Ukraine’s cabinet ministers want to abolish daylight saving time (DST) in 2013 after recent discussions about a draft bill “on the calculation of time in Ukraine”.
According to Minister of Emergency Situations, Viktor Baloha, scientists recommended that Ukraine switch to DST in the spring of 2012 and back to standard time in the fall and remain there.
Not the first time
This is not the first time that Ukrainian politicians have tried to scrap DST. In 2011, the Ukrainian parliament voted against the switch between DST and standard time, but later abandoned the plan.
- Jordan will end DST after all
- Libya remains on Daylight Saving Time
- USA & Canada end DST on Sunday, November 3, 2013
- Brazil: Acre and parts of Amazonas switch time zones
- Spain ponders switching time zones
- Morocco extends DST to October 27, 2013
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2013
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time