Ukraine ministers propose permanent time change in 2013
Ukraine’s cabinet ministers want to abolish daylight saving time (DST) in 2013 after recent discussions about a draft bill “on the calculation of time in Ukraine”.
According to Minister of Emergency Situations, Viktor Baloha, scientists recommended that Ukraine switch to DST in the spring of 2012 and back to standard time in the fall and remain there.
Not the first time
This is not the first time that Ukrainian politicians have tried to scrap DST. In 2011, the Ukrainian parliament voted against the switch between DST and standard time, but later abandoned the plan.
- Morocco's 2013 Daylight Saving Time Schedule
- New Technology makes Time Travel possible
- Middle East DST Roundup - Syria and Lebanon announce Switch Dates
- West Bank and Gaza start Daylight Saving Time on March 29, 2013
- Haiti starts DST, will follow U.S. schedule in future
- Paraguay’s Daylight Saving Moved to March 24, 2013
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2013
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time