Ukraine ministers propose permanent time change in 2013
Ukraine’s cabinet ministers want to abolish daylight saving time (DST) in 2013 after recent discussions about a draft bill “on the calculation of time in Ukraine”.
According to Minister of Emergency Situations, Viktor Baloha, scientists recommended that Ukraine switch to DST in the spring of 2012 and back to standard time in the fall and remain there.
Not the first time
This is not the first time that Ukrainian politicians have tried to scrap DST. In 2011, the Ukrainian parliament voted against the switch between DST and standard time, but later abandoned the plan.
- Russian State Duma votes to abandon permanent summer time
- Egypt and Morocco suspend DST for Ramadan
- Egypt re-introduces Daylight Saving Time
- GMT obsolete as prime meridian moves to Paris
- Middle East & North Africa DST roundup
- Australia & New Zealand end DST on April 6, 2014
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2014
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time