Ukraine ministers propose permanent time change in 2013
Ukraine’s cabinet ministers want to abolish daylight saving time (DST) in 2013 after recent discussions about a draft bill “on the calculation of time in Ukraine”.
According to Minister of Emergency Situations, Viktor Baloha, scientists recommended that Ukraine switch to DST in the spring of 2012 and back to standard time in the fall and remain there.
Not the first time
This is not the first time that Ukrainian politicians have tried to scrap DST. In 2011, the Ukrainian parliament voted against the switch between DST and standard time, but later abandoned the plan.
- March 30, 2014: Europe starts Daylight Saving Time
- Sunday, March 9, 2014: DST starts in USA and Canada
- Chile Extends DST to April 27, 2014
- Turkey delays DST start by one day
- Brazil ends DST on February 16, 2014
- Will Russia revert to “winter time” in 2014?
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2014
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time