Sunday, March 11: Daylight saving starts in USA & Canada
On Sunday, March 11, 2012, most Americans and Canadians will start daylight saving time (DST) and set their clocks 1 hour forward from 2am (02:00) to 3am (03:00) local time.
Mexico’s northern border cities, like for instance
Juarez City (Ciudad Juárez), will follow its' neighbours and end DST at the same time as the US and Canada.
However, most of Mexico, including capital Mexico City, will set the clocks 1 hour forward 3 weeks later, on Sunday, April 1, 2012.
- Europe starts DST Sunday, March 25
- DST dates Worldwide - first half of 2012
- DST dates Worldwide - second half of 2012
- Australia & NZ end DST Sunday, April 1
Clocks 'spring forward'
Most parts of the US and Canada will end daylight saving on Sunday, November 4, 2012.
"Saving" - not "savings"
Many refer to daylight saving time as “daylight savings time”. However, the term “daylight saving time” is considered to be the correct one.
International Meeting Planner
Find the best time across time zones
Areas which don't use DST
States and territories that don't observe daylight saving time in the US include:
- American Samoa
- Puerto Rico
- The Virgin Islands
- Most of Arizona except the Navajo Nation Community
Areas that do not observe daylight saving time in Canada include:
- Some areas of Québec, east of 63° west longitude, remain on Atlantic Standard Time (AST) all year
- Most of Saskatchewan uses Central Standard Time (CST) all year
- Southampton Island remains on Eastern Standard Time (EST) all year
- Some areas of British Columbia observe Mountain Standard Time (MST) all year.
- Libya remains on Daylight Saving Time
- USA & Canada end DST on Sunday, November 3, 2013
- Brazil: Acre and parts of Amazonas switch time zones
- Spain ponders switching time zones
- Morocco extends DST to October 27, 2013
- Jordan remains on DST for a second year
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2013
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time