Utah's anti-daylight saving bill is killed
A proposal to end daylight saving time (DST) in Utah, the United States, has been rejected by state’s House Judiciary Committee.
Republican representative Jim Nielson’s draft bill, “Elimination of Daylight Saving Time”, failed to move forward for further voting.
A “serious” bill
Nielson reportedly expressed to the committee that his draft bill was a serious one, not a publicity stunt nor a “message” bill. His comment was in response to some media reports questioning the seriousness of the bill.
- March 30, 2014: Europe starts Daylight Saving Time
- Sunday, March 9, 2014: DST starts in USA and Canada
- Chile Extends DST to April 27, 2014
- Turkey delays DST start by one day
- Brazil ends DST on February 16, 2014
- Will Russia revert to “winter time” in 2014?
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2014
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time