How to use the World Clock Android app
Follow this user's guide for the World Clock Android app to find out the local time and relevant time zone information for any location around the world. Get the local times for your Favorite cities and save them for easy reuse.
How do I get the World Clock app for Android devices?
You can download the World Clock app from the Google Play store.
To download the app, simply tap the price button in the upper right-hand corner and navigate through the “Buy Now” options. When the download is complete, the World Clock–Time Zones app will appear on your home screen and is ready for you to use at any time.
Using the World Clock app
- Tap on the World Clock app icon on your home screen to open the app.
- New York, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo and Sydney will appear as the default Favorite cities. From here you can add and delete cities to your Favorites list.
There are three tabs located at the top of the screen (from left to right):
- Favorites - Shows all of your saved locations and brings you to the main World Clock screen.
- Cities - Find a location and get city information with or without adding it to your Favorites.
- Alarms - Set an alarm in your local time for an event in another timezone.
Add or delete a city from Favorites
To add a city to your Favorites:
- Press the “+” button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Start typing the city name to select the city.
- Save your selection to add the city to your Favorites.
- Click on the "Cities" tab on top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the city of your choice and press.
- On the page that shows details for the city, press the “+” button at the top right corner of the screen to add the city to your Favorites.
To remove a city from your Favorites:
- Press on the city that you would like to delete on your Favorites screen, and hold until a pop-up screen appears.
- Tap on “delete” to erase the entry.
How to use the alarm
- Press the Alarms tab.
- On the Alarms page, press the “+” button at the top right corner of the screen.
- In the dialog box that opens, start typing the name of the city where the event will occur.
- Choose the city of your choice and the time of the event in the city.
- Give the alarm a label of your choice and save.
- Note: Make sure you turn the alarm ON (button on the right hand side of the Alarm row) after you have created it
Delete and edit alarms
- To delete or edit an alarm, press on the alarm row to bring up a dialog box. Here, you can delete the alarm or edit it.
How to use other World Clock features
To find a city/location without adding it to your Favorites:
- Tap on the "Cities" tab located at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the city of your choice and tap on the city row to see details about it.
To customize the app and alarms:
- Press the "Options" button.
- Tap on "Settings" tab. Here, you can choose to show seconds in your clocks, change between 12 hour and 24 hour formats, and choose a vibrate mode for your alarms.
- You can also update the app database by synchronizing it with timeanddate.com's databases.
To synchronize time within the app with timeanddate.com:
- Press the "Options" button.
- Tap on "Time Offset" tab. The app will automatically synchronize.
- Our World Clock–Time Zones app synchronizes with an accurate time source – so you can trust timeanddate.com has the correct time, even if your Android device's clock is not synchronized to show the correct time.
To add the World Clock widget:
- Look for the World Clock app on the list of widgets.
- Tap to add it to your screen.
- Select the cities you would like to see on your homepage.
View city information
Tap on a city to view the following information:
- Current Time - Find out the current time for the selected city. Tap on the row to view and select a different analog clock design.
- Time Zone - Learn the Time Zone name and abbreviation for the selected city, as well as its offset from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Time Difference - Find out the time difference between the selected city and your current location.
- Location - Shows the city, state, country and country flag. View the city on a map by selecting “map”. Selecting this feature will take you out of the application.
If you prefer an ad-free app, you can purchase an upgrade to remove ads by tapping on "Upgrade" in Settings.
Fill out our online support form if you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the World Clock app for Android devices.
You can also email any questions, bug reports, or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention “World Clock - Android” in the subject line and give a detailed description of the problem so that we can improve the quality and performance of our apps.
- World Clock - Time Zones iPhone App
- iPhone Apps from timeanddate.com
- The Meeting Planner by timeanddate.com iPhone App
- How to use the Meeting Planner by timeanddate.com iPhone App
- Countdown Timer Pro for iPhone