Ash Wednesday in Bangladesh
Quick FactsAsh Wednesday marks the first day of Lent in western Christian churches.
|Khāka budhabāra||Bengali (latin)|
Ash Wednesday 2014Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Note: This day is an optional public holiday for the religious communities in Bangladesh.
List of dates for other years
Ash Wednesday is known as the first day of Lent for many Christians worldwide. It is the beginning of the Lenten fast. The Lenten fast lasts for 40 days (excluding Sundays) and ends on Holy Saturday, which is the day before Easter Sunday.
About Ash WednesdayRead more about Ash Wednesday.
Ash Wednesday ObservancesNote: This day is an optional public holiday for the religious communities in Bangladesh.
|Wed||Feb 9||2005||Ash Wednesday||Optional Holiday|
|Wed||Mar 1||2006||Ash Wednesday||Optional Holiday|
|Wed||Feb 21||2007||Ash Wednesday||Optional Holiday|
|Wed||Feb 6||2008||Ash Wednesday||Optional Holiday|
|Wed||Feb 25||2009||Ash Wednesday||Optional Holiday|
|Wed||Feb 17||2010||Ash Wednesday||Optional Holiday|
|Wed||Mar 9||2011||Ash Wednesday||Optional Holiday|
|Wed||Feb 22||2012||Ash Wednesday||Optional Holiday|
|Wed||Feb 13||2013||Ash Wednesday||Optional Holiday|
|Wed||Mar 5||2014||Ash Wednesday||Optional Holiday|
Other holidays in March 2014 in Bangladesh
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s birthday ―Monday, March 17, 2014
- Doljatra ―Monday, March 17, 2014
- March equinox ―Thursday, March 20, 2014
- Independence Day ―Wednesday, March 26, 2014
- Perpetual yearly calendar - make yearly calendar for any year
- Perpetual monthly calendar - shows only one month at a time
- Custom calendar - make customized calendars