Fiji’s clocks go forward October 23, 2011
Published 4-Oct-2011. Changed 24-Oct-2011
People in Fiji will move their clocks 1 hour forward from 2am (02:00) to 3am (03:00) local time when they start daylight saving time (DST) on Sunday, October 23, 2011.
Start of summer
On October 23, Fiji will be on Fiji Summer Time (FJST), which is 13 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), or UTC+13, during DST. Towns and cities throughout Fiji, including the capital Suva, will follow the DST schedule.
The nation will revert to Fiji Time (FJT), which is UTC+12, when DST ends on January 22, 2012. The clocks will then move 1 hour back from 3am (03:00) to 2am (02:00) local time.
No formal announcement has yet been made on if Fiji will resume DST next year, but all updates will be on DST dates worldwide in 2012.
- Morocco's 2013 Daylight Saving Time Schedule
- New Technology makes Time Travel possible
- Middle East DST Roundup - Syria and Lebanon announce Switch Dates
- West Bank and Gaza start Daylight Saving Time on March 29, 2013
- Haiti starts DST, will follow U.S. schedule in future
- Paraguay’s Daylight Saving Moved to March 24, 2013
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2013
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time