Fiji’s clocks go forward October 23, 2011
Published 4-Oct-2011. Changed 24-Oct-2011
People in Fiji will move their clocks 1 hour forward from 2am (02:00) to 3am (03:00) local time when they start daylight saving time (DST) on Sunday, October 23, 2011.
Start of summer
On October 23, Fiji will be on Fiji Summer Time (FJST), which is 13 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), or UTC+13, during DST. Towns and cities throughout Fiji, including the capital Suva, will follow the DST schedule.
The nation will revert to Fiji Time (FJT), which is UTC+12, when DST ends on January 22, 2012. The clocks will then move 1 hour back from 3am (03:00) to 2am (02:00) local time.
No formal announcement has yet been made on if Fiji will resume DST next year, but all updates will be on DST dates worldwide in 2012.
- Russia returns to European DST in October 2014
- Egypt and Morocco suspend DST for Ramadan
- Egypt re-introduces Daylight Saving Time
- GMT obsolete as prime meridian moves to Paris
- Middle East & North Africa DST roundup
- Australia & New Zealand end DST on April 6, 2014
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2014
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time