San Luis Province Keeps Daylight Saving
Daylight Saving Time Extended
Minister of Public Works and Infrastructure Stella Catalfamo Rubino announced the decision to extend DST in San Luis at a press conference on Thursday, April 8, 2010. The decision was made after discussions with the San Luis Chamber of Commerce, the province’s Chamber of Industry and other parties.
San Luis’ time zone during the non-daylight saving period is UTC-4. The province moved its clocks one hour forward at midnight (00:00) between Saturday, October 10, 2009, and Sunday, October 11, 2009. The province’s time zone is now on UTC-3 as part of the DST schedule.
It was originally planned for San Luis to push the clocks back to its original schedule at midnight (00:00) on April 11 until October 9, 2010. However, the Minister, together with the Electricity Regulatory Commission’s head Sandra Correa, reported that there would be no time changes on Sunday, April 11, as DST would continue.
The rest of Argentina does not currently observe DST after the decision to abandon a planned DST schedule was made in late 2009.
- March 30, 2014: Europe starts Daylight Saving Time
- Sunday, March 9, 2014: DST starts in USA and Canada
- Chile Extends DST to April 27, 2014
- Turkey delays DST start by one day
- Brazil ends DST on February 16, 2014
- Will Russia revert to “winter time” in 2014?
- Time Zone News
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2014
- Time Zone Abbreviations
- The World Clock – Current time all over the world
- Personal World Clock
- Meeting Planner
- Time Zone Converter
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.