Mar 14, 2025 Total Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- Much of Europe
- North/East Asia
- Much of Australia
- Much of Africa
- Much of North America
- Much of South America
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations being able to see at least parts of the Total part.
- Dublin, Ireland
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Lima, Lima, Peru
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Caracas, Venezuela
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Santiago, Chile
- Havana, Cuba
- São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Guatemala, Guatemala
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Brussels, Belgium
- Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
- Accra, Ghana
- Paris, France
- London, England, United Kingdom
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in New York*||Visible in New York|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Mar 14 at 3:59 AM||Mar 13 at 11:59 PM||Yes|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Mar 14 at 5:11 AM||Mar 14 at 1:11 AM||Yes|
|Full Eclipse begins||Mar 14 at 6:28 AM||Mar 14 at 2:28 AM||Yes|
|Maximum Eclipse||Mar 14 at 6:59 AM||Mar 14 at 2:59 AM||Yes|
|Full Eclipse ends||Mar 14 at 7:30 AM||Mar 14 at 3:30 AM||Yes|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Mar 14 at 8:47 AM||Mar 14 at 4:47 AM||Yes|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Mar 14 at 9:59 AM||Mar 14 at 5:59 AM||Yes|
* The Moon is above the horizon during this eclipse, so with good weather conditions in New York, the entire eclipse is visible.