Apr 15, 1995 Partial Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- Much of Asia
- Much of North America
- Much of South America
- Indian Ocean
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Manila, Philippines
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Bangkok, Thailand
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Seoul, South Korea
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Singapore, Singapore
- Tokyo, Japan
- Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in London*||Visible in London|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Apr 15 at 10:11 AM||Apr 15 at 11:11 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Apr 15 at 11:50 AM||Apr 15 at 12:50 PM||No, below horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Apr 15 at 12:18 PM||Apr 15 at 1:18 PM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Apr 15 at 12:45 PM||Apr 15 at 1:45 PM||No, below horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Apr 15 at 2:24 PM||Apr 15 at 3:24 PM||No, below horizon|
* The Moon is below the horizon during this eclipse, so it is not possible to view it in London.