Jul 16, 2000 Total Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- East in Europe
- South/East Asia
- South/East Africa
- South/West North America
- South/West South America
- Indian Ocean
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations being able to see at least parts of the Total part.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Tokyo, Japan
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Seoul, South Korea
- Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Singapore, Singapore
- Beijing, China
- Shanghai, China
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Kiritimati, Christmas Island, Kiribati
- New Delhi, Delhi, India
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.
- Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
- Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
- Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
- Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
- Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico
- Carson City, Nevada, U.S.A.
- Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Sacramento, California, U.S.A.
- Anchorage, Alaska, U.S.A.
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Muscat, Oman
- Mogadishu, Somalia
- Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Maputo, Mozambique
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Doha, Qatar
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Washington DC*||Visible in Washington DC|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Jul 16 at 10:51 AM||Jul 16 at 6:51 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Jul 16 at 11:59 AM||Jul 16 at 7:59 AM||No, below horizon|
|Full Eclipse begins||Jul 16 at 1:04 PM||Jul 16 at 9:04 AM||No, below horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Jul 16 at 1:56 PM||Jul 16 at 9:56 AM||No, below horizon|
|Full Eclipse ends||Jul 16 at 2:49 PM||Jul 16 at 10:49 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Jul 16 at 3:53 PM||Jul 16 at 11:53 AM||No, below horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Jul 16 at 5:02 PM||Jul 16 at 1:02 PM||No, below horizon|
* The Moon is below the horizon during this eclipse, so it is not possible to view it in Washington DC.