Aug 17, 2027 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- West in Europe
- East in Asia
- Much of Australia
- West in Africa
- Much of North America
- Much of South America
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Guatemala, Guatemala
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Havana, Cuba
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Lima, Lima, Peru
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Caracas, Venezuela
- Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Santiago, Chile
- Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*||Visible in Seattle|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Aug 17 at 5:27 AM||Aug 16 at 10:27 PM||Yes|
|Maximum Eclipse||Aug 17 at 7:13 AM||Aug 17 at 12:13 AM||Yes|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Aug 17 at 9:00 AM||Aug 17 at 2:00 AM||Yes|
* The Moon is above the horizon during this eclipse, so with good weather conditions in Seattle, the entire eclipse is visible.