Apr 25, 2032 Total Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- South/East Europe
- South/East Asia
- Much of Africa
- North/West North America
- Indian Ocean
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations being able to see at least parts of the Total part.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Tokyo, Japan
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Manila, Philippines
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Seoul, South Korea
- Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
- Singapore, Singapore
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China
- New Delhi, Delhi, India
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Partial eclipse visible in:
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Makkah, Saudi Arabia
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Baghdad, Iraq
- Gaborone, Botswana
- Kampala, Uganda
- Lusaka, Zambia
- Kigali, Rwanda
- Lubumbashi, Congo Dem.Rep.
- Bujumbura, Burundi
- Khartoum, Sudan
- Cape Town, South Africa
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Washington DC*||Visible in Washington DC|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Apr 25 at 12:23 PM||Apr 25 at 8:23 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Apr 25 at 1:29 PM||Apr 25 at 9:29 AM||No, below horizon|
|Full Eclipse begins||Apr 25 at 2:42 PM||Apr 25 at 10:42 AM||No, below horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Apr 25 at 3:13 PM||Apr 25 at 11:13 AM||No, below horizon|
|Full Eclipse ends||Apr 25 at 3:45 PM||Apr 25 at 11:45 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Apr 25 at 4:58 PM||Apr 25 at 12:58 PM||No, below horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Apr 25 at 6:03 PM||Apr 25 at 2:03 PM||No, below horizon|
* The Moon is below the horizon during this eclipse, so it is not possible to view it in Washington DC.