Kiev Day in Ukraine
Kiev Day, also known as Kyiv Day, is celebrated in Ukraine’s capital city, Kiev (Kyiv), is on the last weekend in May.
What Do People Do?
The city of Kiev celebrates Kiev Day by hosting activities and events such as:
- Street and outdoor performances by various entertainers.
- Cultural exhibitions.
- Sporting activities such as marathons and charity runs.
- Fashion shows.
- Open-air music concerts.
- Firework displays.
The Kiev Day celebrations take place on the Saturday and Sunday during the last weekend in May.
Kiev Day is an observance and not a national public holiday in Ukraine.
Like many cities and towns in Ukraine, Kyiv has its own special day to celebrate. Kyiv Day was first established in 1982 to honor the anniversary of the capital’s founding. The celebrations became official in 1987.
Kiev Day Observances
|Sun||May 30||2010||Kiev Day||Observance|
|Sun||May 29||2011||Kiev Day||Observance|
|Sun||May 27||2012||Kiev Day||Observance|
|Sun||May 26||2013||Kiev Day||Observance|
|Sun||May 25||2014||Kiev Day||Observance|
|Sun||May 31||2015||Kiev Day||Observance|
|Sun||May 29||2016||Kiev Day||Observance|
|Sun||May 28||2017||Kiev Day||Observance|
|Sun||May 27||2018||Kiev Day||Observance|
|Sun||May 26||2019||Kiev Day||Observance|
|Sun||May 31||2020||Kiev Day||Observance|
Quick FactsKiev Day is observed in Ukraine’s capital city, Kiev (or Kyiv), on the last weekend in May.
Kiev Day 2016Sunday, May 29, 2016
Kiev Day 2017Sunday, May 28, 2017
Name in other languages
|День Києва Київ||Ukrainian|
|День Киева Киев||Russian|
Other holidays in May 2017 in Ukraine
- Labor Day – Monday, May 1, 2017
- Labor Day Holiday – Tuesday, May 2, 2017
- Victory Day / Memorial Day – Tuesday, May 9, 2017
- Mother's Day – Sunday, May 14, 2017
- Europe Day – Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Cultural Workers and Folk Artists Day – Sunday, May 28, 2017