Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 5:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, February 8, 2016 at 2:40 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, February 15, 2016 at 7:48 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 05:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.01 meters/second, 1609.2 km/hour, 999.9 miles/hour or 868.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 37.6"||999.85 mi||West||0° 11' 27.3"||13.12 mi||North||999.98 mi|
|24 hours||12° 54' 59.9"||893.11 mi||East||4° 34' 14.8"||314.05 mi||North||946.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Thu 2:06 PM||115 km||71 miles||62 nm||SSE|
|Mount Hagen||Thu 3:06 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||SE|
|Manokwari||Thu 2:06 PM||696 km||433 miles||376 nm||W|
|Lae||Thu 3:06 PM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 3:06 PM||1158 km||719 miles||625 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Thu 2:06 PM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Thu 2:36 PM||1590 km||988 miles||859 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 3:06 PM||1738 km||1080 miles||939 nm||NNE|
|Manado||Thu 1:06 PM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||W|
|Cairns||Thu 3:06 PM||1799 km||1118 miles||972 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.