Guide to adding events to our Printable PDF Calendars. To use this service, you have to log in to a free user account.
Adding events step-by-step
Follow these steps. Each step is explained in detail further down:
- Go to the “My Calendar” page.
- Create a new event list.
(See “Creating a New Event List” section below.)
- Add events to the event list.
(See “Adding events from the calendar view” and “Adding events from the list view” sections below.)
- Apply the event list to a PDF calendar.
(See “Adding the event list to a calendar” section below.)
Creating a new event list
- Click the blue Add Event List button in the right-side menu.
- Name your event list in the box that pops up.
- Select the type of calendar. (See the “Calendar Types” section below for details).
- Click the green Save button.
Repeat this process if you wish to create several separate event lists. All lists are displayed in the My Event Lists section on the right.
Editing or deleting an event list
Hover your mouse cursor over an event list in the My Event Lists section on the right. Click on the gray pen icon to change the list's name or color; click on the red X to delete the list.
- To create a calendar containing all types of events, recurring or non-recurring, do not tick the Anniversary/Birthday box when creating an event list. When adding an event to this event list, you can choose if and how frequently this event recurs. (See the “Repeating Events” section for instructions).
- If you wish to use the calendar to display events recurring on a yearly basis, such as birthdays and anniversaries, tick the Anniversary/Birthday box. Each event you add to that list will be automatically repeated yearly, and the year count for each event (e.g., the person's age) will be displayed.
- Note: If adding a birthday, enter the person's date of birth as the date for the event. Otherwise, the year count in the calendar will be incorrect.
If you select a general event list (i.e. not Anniversary/Birthday) in the Event List drop-down menu, you can choose if and how frequently the event is to be repeated in your calendar.
- In the Repeat menu, select the frequency (e.g. Daily or Monthly).
- In the Every menu, specify if the event is to be repeated for every unit (e.g. every day or every month) or only for some of them (e.g. every other day or every third month).
- In the section entitled Until, select the time frame. If the event is to be repeated indefinitely, select Never. To specify the number of repetitions, select the second option (After ... occurrences) and enter the number of occurrences in the text field. The last option (Date) allows you to enter an end date.
Adding events from the calendar view
To select this interface, click on the calendar symbol in the top-right corner (rectangle divided into 9 small squares).
To add an event, click on the event's date in the calendar. Then follow these steps:
- At the top of the dialog that pops up, enter a title for the event.
- In the Event List drop-down menu, select the event list you wish to add this event to.
- Enter a date for the event (defaults to the date you selected in the calendar).
- Optional: select in which color the event should be displayed in the calendar.
Note: If multiple events with different colors fall on the same date, the color of the event first added will be displayed in the yearly calendar. In the monthly calendar format, all colors are shown.
- Optional: set up repetitions for the event. (See the “Repeating events” section for details.)
- Click Add.
To edit or delete an event, click on the event in the calendar. To delete an event, hover over the event in the list that pops up, then click on the red cross (x) on the right. To edit, click on the event's date.
Adding events from the list view
To select this interface, click on the list symbol in the top-right corner (rectangle divided into 3 small squares and 3 lines).
To add an event, follow the steps detailed above. To delete an event, hover over the event in the list, then click on the red cross (x) on the right. To edit, click on the date of the event you wish to edit.
If you have several events occurring on one day you can order your events numerically (0-9), alphabetically (A-Z), or with the 24-hour clock (00:00-24:00).
In practice, prefixing an event with the number 1 will put that event first, even though it starts with an A. Prefixing events with the 24-hour clock will order the events by the time, AM and PM do not work.
Adding the event list to a calendar
Click the red Print Calendar as PDF button. This will take you to the standard PDF calendar set-up menu where you can select the type of calendar, define the period (years and months), the country and state, layout, paper size, and more.
In the drop-down menu entitled My Custom Events, select the event list you wish to add to the calendar. You can also add 2 or more event lists to any one calendar. Then click the green Create PDF button and open or save the PDF file that is created.
Where is my calendar PDF?
The PDF file will save in your “Downloads” folder, and it will be named something along the lines of “United States January 2023 - December 2023”. You can open and view the file, print it, share it via email, or upload at your convenience.
Why does it show the wrong age for birthdays?
All events you add to an Anniversary/Birthday event list will be repeated yearly, and the year count for each event (e.g., the person's age) will be displayed.
If the wrong age is displayed in the calendar, please make sure you have entered the person's correct year of birth. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Click on the date showing the wrong age.
- Enter the correct year of birth.
- Click Save.
Where can I find more information about the site and its services?
The General FAQ Page answers your questions about timeanddate.com, our services, site-wide settings, customization options, advertising opportunities, and copyright policies.