A step-by-step guide on how to use the Date Pattern Calculator to find special calendar dates that form unique patterns.
How Does the Date Pattern Calculator Work?
Find unique patterns
Many people like to use unique dates such as sequential dates (01/02/03) or repetitive dates (07/07/07) to have a special event so that it is easy to remember. The Date Pattern Calculator helps you find the perfect date that has special characteristics.
The Date Pattern Calculator discovers the many repetitive or reversible patterns that calendar dates can form in different date order formats. You can include the hours, minutes, and seconds into the pattern if you wish.
You can discover the different patterns that a calendar date creates by following these steps:
- Select a period to look for patterns from the drop-down menu. You can select to search for patterns on a specific date or in a certain month or year.
- The calculator defaults to the current date, month or year, but you can change this to any date, month, or year.
- You can click the Look for patterns button now or tick the Advanced options checkbox if you would like to select different filter options for the search results.
- In the Advanced options section, the Pattern types drop-down menu allows you to choose the different pattern types, such as repetitive or reversible patterns (palindromes), or you can select All to see both types.
- The Date Order drop-down menu allows you to select the type of date order format you prefer:
- All date orders
Include hours, minutes, and seconds
Select whether you would like to include the time in the results in the Include time in pattern drop-down menu. You can choose to include:
- No times: select this option when looking for patterns in the date itself.
- Hours only.
- Hours and minutes.
- Hours, minutes, seconds.
How to read the results
The pattern type is based on two different types of patterns, repeating dates and palindrome dates. When the Type is listed as Repeat 2 x 3, this means that the first two numbers repeat in the sequence three times. A palindrome date is a date that can be read forward and backward such as November 02, 2011 or 11/02/2011 (MM/DD/YYYY format).
The results table highlights the most interesting calendar dates. You can view how the pattern is developed by clicking on any row. This will automatically show a pop-up box underneath the selected row with an animation explaining how that specific calendar date pattern works.
Filter the results
The Amount of patterns drop-down menu allows you to filter the results to show either all of the results (Normal) or what are considered the “good ones.”
- Normal: a balanced number of results.
- Only good ones: shows the most interesting results.
- Look for more: shows all of the possible results.
When you have selected your filter options, click the Look for patterns button.
Where can I find more information about the site and its services?
The General FAQ Page answers your questions about timeanddate.com, our services, site-wide settings and customization options, as well as advertising and copyright policies.