Muharram in Egypt
The Islamic New Year is on the first day of Muharram, the first month in the lunar Islamic calendar, which differs from the Gregorian calendar.
About MuharramRead more about Muharram.
|Tue||Dec 7||2010||Muharram||National holiday|
|Sun||Nov 27||2011||Muharram||National holiday|
|Thu||Nov 15||2012||Muharram||National holiday|
|Tue||Nov 5||2013||Muharram||National holiday|
|Sat||Oct 25||2014||Muharram||National holiday|
|Wed||Oct 14||2015||Muharram||National holiday|
|Mon||Oct 3||2016||Muharram||National holiday|
|Fri||Sep 22||2017||Muharram||National holiday|
|Wed||Sep 12||2018||Muharram||National holiday|
|Sun||Sep 1||2019||Muharram||National holiday|
|Thu||Aug 20||2020||Muharram||National holiday|
Quick FactsMuharram is the first month of the Islamic calendar and a time of remembrance or mourning.
Muharram 2017Friday, September 22, 2017
Muharram 2018Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Other holidays in September 2017 in Egypt
- Feast of the Sacrifice – Saturday, September 2, 2017
- Feast of the Sacrifice Day 2 – Sunday, September 3, 2017
- Feast of the Sacrifice Day 3 – Monday, September 4, 2017
- Feast of the Sacrifice Day 4 – Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- Coptic New Year – Monday, September 11, 2017