Eclipse Calculator – Solar Eclipses in Napier, New Zealand
Eclipse visible in Napier – Sep 22, 2025 Partial Solar Eclipse
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like in Napier (weather permitting).
During this partial solar eclipse, the Moon covers only parts of the Sun, as seen from Napier. As the central part of the Moon's shadow (umbra) misses the Earth during a partial solar eclipse, there are no other locations on Earth where the Sun appears completely covered during this event.
Stages in eclipse
- Partial Eclipse just started
- Partial Eclipse in good progress
- Maximum Eclipse
- Partial Eclipse continues
- Partial Eclipse about to end
Local times for eclipse in Napier on Monday, September 22, 2025
Click on the Sun/Moon symbols in the column entitled “Looks like” to see what the eclipse looks like during the different phases of the event.
This eclipse is in progress during sunrise or sunset, so the Sun is displayed only partly in some phases, according to its altitude below the horizon. The animation's bottom edge represents an ideal, flat horizon, which is at the same altitude as the observer.Times are local for Napier (NZST - New Zealand Standard Time).
Other eclipses visible in Napier
Sun & Moon Calculators for Napier
Types of Eclipses
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun