Jun 25, 1945 Partial Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- East in Europe
- South/East Asia
- Much of Africa
- West in North America
- South in South America
- Indian Ocean
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Tokyo, Japan
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Manila, Philippines
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Seoul, South Korea
- Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
- Singapore, Singapore
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China
- New Delhi, Delhi, India
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Washington DC*||Visible in Washington DC|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Jun 25 at 12:29 PM||Jun 25 at 8:29 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Jun 25 at 1:40 PM||Jun 25 at 9:40 AM||No, below horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Jun 25 at 3:15 PM||Jun 25 at 11:15 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Jun 25 at 4:50 PM||Jun 25 at 12:50 PM||No, below horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Jun 25 at 6:00 PM||Jun 25 at 2:00 PM||No, below horizon|
* The Moon is below the horizon during this eclipse, so it is not possible to view it in Washington DC.