May 25, 1994 Partial Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- South/West Europe
- South/East Asia
- South/West North America
- Much of South America
- Indian Ocean
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Algiers, Algeria
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Caracas, Venezuela
- Brussels, Belgium
- Casablanca, Morocco
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Rome, Italy
- Dublin, Ireland
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- Guatemala, Guatemala
- Madrid, Spain
- Havana, Cuba
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Paris, France
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*||Visible in Seattle|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||May 25 at 1:21 AM||May 24 at 6:21 PM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse begins||May 25 at 2:46 AM||May 24 at 7:46 PM||No, below horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||May 25 at 3:30 AM||May 24 at 8:30 PM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||May 25 at 4:13 AM||May 24 at 9:13 PM||Yes|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||May 25 at 5:39 AM||May 24 at 10:39 PM||Yes|
* The Moon is below the horizon in Seattle some of the time, so that part of the eclipse is not visible.