May 10, 1994 Annular Solar Eclipse
What the eclipse would look like near the maximum point
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like in near the maximum point of the eclipse (weather permitting).
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least a partial eclipse:
- Much of Europe
- East in Asia
- North/West Africa
- Much of North America
- North in South America
Annular eclipse visible in:
Locations near the shadow's path:
- Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
- Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico
- Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.
- St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.
- Springfield, Illinois, U.S.A.
- Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.
- Livonia, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Warren, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Chatham-Kent, Ontario, Canada
- London, Ontario, Canada
- Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Syracuse, New York, U.S.A.
- Portland, Maine, U.S.A.
- Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Casablanca, Morocco
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.
- Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.
- Dallas, Texas, U.S.A.
- Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A.
- Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
- Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A.
- Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A.
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Albany, New York, U.S.A.
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Madrid, Spain
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Gibraltar, Gibraltar
When the eclipse happens worldwideThe eclipse starts at one location and ends at another. The times below are actual times (in UTC) when the eclipse occurs.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*|
|First location to see partial eclipse begin||May 10 at 2:12 PM||May 10 at 7:12 AM|
|First location to see full Eclipse begin||May 10 at 3:20 PM||May 10 at 8:20 AM|
|Maximum Eclipse||May 10 at 5:13 PM||May 10 at 10:13 AM|
|Last location to see full Eclipse end||May 10 at 7:02 PM||May 10 at 12:02 PM|
|Last location to see partial Eclipse end||May 10 at 8:10 PM||May 10 at 1:10 PM|
* Local times shown do not refer to when the eclipse can be observed from Seattle. Instead, they indicate the times when the eclipse begins, is at its max, and ends, somewhere else on earth. The corresponding local times are useful if you want to view the eclipse via a live webcam.
Eclipses viewable in Seattle.
Eclipses during year 1994
- May 10, 1994 Annular Solar Eclipse (Currently shown)
- May 25, 1994 Partial Lunar Eclipse
- Nov 3, 1994 Total Solar Eclipse
- Nov 18, 1994 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun
- Calendar for 2014
- Calendar Generator – Create a calendar for any year
- Duration between two dates – Calculates number of days