May 26, 2002 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- South/East Asia
- South/West North America
- South/West South America
- Indian Ocean
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Guatemala, Guatemala
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Manila, Philippines
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Seoul, South Korea
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Singapore, Singapore
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China
- Tokyo, Japan
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in New York*||Visible in New York|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||May 26 at 10:18 AM||May 26 at 6:18 AM||No, below horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||May 26 at 12:04 PM||May 26 at 8:04 AM||No, below horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||May 26 at 1:51 PM||May 26 at 9:51 AM||No, below horizon|
* The Moon is below the horizon during this eclipse, so it is not possible to view it in New York.