Dec 10, 2011 Total Lunar Eclipse
A total lunar eclipse on December 10, 2011, is the final eclipse of the year. This is second of two lunar eclipses in 2011.
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- Much of Asia
- North/East Africa
- Much of North America
- Indian Ocean
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations being able to see at least parts of the Total part.
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- New Delhi, Delhi, India
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
- Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Manila, Philippines
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Ankara, Turkey
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Baghdad, Iraq
- Tokyo, Japan
- Moscow, Russia
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Bucharest, Romania
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
- Dallas, Texas, U.S.A.
- Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
- Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.A.
- Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico
- Belgrade, Serbia
- Athens, Greece
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Antananarivo, Madagascar
- Khartoum, Sudan
- Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany
- Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Brussels, Belgium
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Paris, France
- London, England, United Kingdom
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Washington DC*||Visible in Washington DC|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Dec 10 at 11:35 AM||Dec 10 at 6:35 AM||Yes|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Dec 10 at 12:46 PM||Dec 10 at 7:46 AM||No, below horizon|
|Full Eclipse begins||Dec 10 at 2:08 PM||Dec 10 at 9:08 AM||No, below horizon|
|Maximum Eclipse||Dec 10 at 2:31 PM||Dec 10 at 9:31 AM||No, below horizon|
|Full Eclipse ends||Dec 10 at 2:55 PM||Dec 10 at 9:55 AM||No, below horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Dec 10 at 4:16 PM||Dec 10 at 11:16 AM||No, below horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Dec 10 at 5:28 PM||Dec 10 at 12:28 PM||No, below horizon|
* The Moon is below the horizon in Washington DC some of the time, so that part of the eclipse is not visible.