November 25, 2011 — Partial Solar Eclipse
The last partial solar eclipse of 2011 occurs on November 25, 2011. This eclipse is the last of the four partial solar eclipses in 2011 that occur throughout the year.
Where the eclipse could be seen
Regions that saw at least a partial eclipse: South in Australia, South in Africa, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean, Antarctica.
The November 25 partial solar eclipse is only visible from a limited area in the southern hemisphere. The lunar penumbra is centered near Antarctica, while its outermost edge passes over portions of New Zealand’s South Island, Tasmania, and the southernmost part of South Africa.
When the eclipse happened worldwide
The eclipse started at one location and ended at another. The times below are actual times (in UTC) when the eclipse occurred.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Washington DC*|
|First location to see partial eclipse begin||Nov 25 at 4:22 AM||Nov 24 at 11:22 PM|
|Maximum Eclipse||Nov 25 at 6:19 AM||Nov 25 at 1:19 AM|
|Last location to see partial Eclipse end||Nov 25 at 8:16 AM||Nov 25 at 3:16 AM|
* Local times shown do not refer to when the eclipse could be observed from Washington DC. Instead, they indicate the times when the eclipse began, was at its max, and ended, somewhere else on earth. The corresponding local times are useful if you wanted to view the eclipse via a live webcam.
Eclipses visible in Washington DC.
Eclipses visible from your city
Eclipses during year 2011
- Jan 4, 2011 – Partial Solar Eclipse
- Jun 1, 2011 – Partial Solar Eclipse
- Jun 15, 2011 – Total Lunar Eclipse
- Jul 1, 2011 – Partial Solar Eclipse
- Nov 25, 2011 – Partial Solar Eclipse (this page)
- Dec 10, 2011 – Total Lunar Eclipse
Eclipses during year 2015
- Mar 20, 2015 – Total Solar Eclipse
- Apr 4, 2015 – Total Lunar Eclipse
- Sep 13, 2015 – Partial Solar Eclipse
- Sep 28, 2015 – Total Lunar Eclipse
Eclipses during year 2016
- Mar 8 / Mar 9, 2016 – Total Solar Eclipse
- Mar 23, 2016 – Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Sep 1, 2016 – Annular Solar Eclipse
- Sep 16, 2016 – Penumbral Lunar Eclipse