Oct 8, 2033 Total Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
BETA: This is a temporary animation, it would look different in real life. We hope to fix that issue soon.
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- West in Asia
- West in Australia
- Parts of North America
- East in South America
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations near the shadow's path:
- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Dili, Timor-Leste
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Irkutsk, Russia
- Manila, Philippines
- Chongqing, China
- Shanghai, China
- Makassar, South Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
- Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
- Eucla, Western Australia, Australia
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Pontianak, West Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Vientiane, Laos
- Beijing, China
- Singapore, Singapore
- Norilsk, Russia
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Tokyo, Japan
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Ürümqi, China
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Thimphu, Bhutan
- Novosibirsk, Russia
- Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Kathmandu, Nepal
- Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Omsk, Russia
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte, Sri Lanka
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- New Delhi, Delhi, India
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- Karaganda, Kazakhstan
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Washington DC*||Visible in Washington DC|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Oct 8 at 8:20 AM||Oct 8 at 4:20 AM||Yes|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Oct 8 at 9:18 AM||Oct 8 at 5:18 AM||Yes|
|Full Eclipse begins||Oct 8 at 10:17 AM||Oct 8 at 6:17 AM||Yes|
|Maximum Eclipse||Oct 8 at 10:55 AM||Oct 8 at 6:55 AM||Yes|
|Full Eclipse ends||Oct 8 at 11:34 AM||Oct 8 at 7:34 AM||No, under horizon|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Oct 8 at 12:33 PM||Oct 8 at 8:33 AM||No, under horizon|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Oct 8 at 1:30 PM||Oct 8 at 9:30 AM||No, under horizon|
* The Moon is under the horizon in Washington DC some of the time, so that part of the eclipse is not visible.