Mar 30, 2033 Total Solar Eclipse
What the eclipse would look like near the maximum point
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like near the maximum point of the eclipse (weather permitting).
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least a partial eclipse:
- West in Europe
- East in Asia
- Parts of North America
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations near the shadow's path:
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Unalaska, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Kodiak, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Anchorage, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Sitka, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Yakutat, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Anadyr, Russia
- Juneau, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Glennallen, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada
- Fairbanks, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Dawson City, Yukon Territory, Canada
- Inuvik, Northwest Territories, Canada
- Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
- Kugluktuk, Nunavut Territory, Canada
- Resolute Bay, Nunavut Territory, Canada
- Alert, Nunavut Territory, Canada
- Pond Inlet, Nunavut Territory, Canada
- Thule Air Base, Greenland
- Danmarkshavn, Greenland
When the eclipse happens worldwideThe eclipse starts at one location and ends at another. The times below are actual times (in UTC) when the eclipse occurs.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*|
|First location to see partial eclipse begin||Mar 30 at 3:59 PM||Mar 30 at 8:59 AM|
|First location to see full Eclipse begin||Mar 30 at 5:35 PM||Mar 30 at 10:35 AM|
|Maximum Eclipse||Mar 30 at 6:01 PM||Mar 30 at 11:01 AM|
|Last location to see full Eclipse end||Mar 30 at 6:27 PM||Mar 30 at 11:27 AM|
|Last location to see partial Eclipse end||Mar 30 at 8:03 PM||Mar 30 at 1:03 PM|
* Local times shown do not refer to when the eclipse can be observed from Seattle. Instead, they indicate the times when the eclipse begins, is at its max, and ends, somewhere else on earth. The corresponding local times are useful if you want to view the eclipse via a live webcam.
Eclipses viewable in Seattle.
Eclipses during year 2033
- Mar 30, 2033 Total Solar Eclipse (Currently shown)
- Apr 14, 2033 Total Lunar Eclipse
- Sep 23, 2033 Partial Solar Eclipse
- Oct 8, 2033 Total Lunar Eclipse
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun
- Calendar for 2013
- Calendar Generator – Create a calendar for any year
- Duration between two dates – Calculates number of days