Feb 22, 2035 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- West in Europe
- Much of Asia
- Much of Australia
- West in Africa
- Much of North America
- Much of South America
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Tokyo, Japan
- Guatemala, Guatemala
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Havana, Cuba
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Lima, Lima, Peru
- Caracas, Venezuela
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Santiago, Chile
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in New York*||Visible in New York|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Feb 22 at 6:59 AM||Feb 22 at 1:59 AM||Yes|
|Maximum Eclipse||Feb 22 at 9:05 AM||Feb 22 at 4:05 AM||Yes|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Feb 22 at 11:11 AM||Feb 22 at 6:11 AM||Yes|
* The Moon is above the horizon during this eclipse, so with good weather conditions in New York, the entire eclipse is visible.