Sep 1 - Sep 2, 2035 Total Solar Eclipse
What the eclipse would look like near the maximum point
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like in near the maximum point of the eclipse (weather permitting).
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least a partial eclipse:
- East in Europe
- North/East Asia
- West in North America
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations near the shadow's path:
Partial eclipse visible in:
A large part of the Sun is eclipsed in these locations.
- Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China
- Langfang, Hebei, China
- Tianjin, Tianjin Municipality, China
- Tangshan, Hebei, China
- Dalian, Liaoning, China
- Jinzhou, Liaoning, China
- Anshan, Liaoning, China
- Incheon, South Korea
- Seoul, South Korea
- Hamhung, North Korea
- Kyoto, Japan
- Nagoya, Japan
- Shizuoka, Japan
- Niigata, Japan
- Sagamihara, Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
- Yokohama, Japan
- Kawasaki, Japan
- Wake Island, Wake Island, U.S.A.
When the eclipse happens worldwideThe eclipse starts at one location and ends at another. The times below are actual times (in UTC) when the eclipse occurs.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in New York*|
|First location to see partial eclipse begin||Sep 1 at 11:16 PM||Sep 1 at 7:16 PM|
|First location to see full Eclipse begin||Sep 2 at 12:16 AM||Sep 1 at 8:16 PM|
|Maximum Eclipse||Sep 2 at 1:51 AM||Sep 1 at 9:51 PM|
|Last location to see full Eclipse end||Sep 2 at 3:35 AM||Sep 1 at 11:35 PM|
|Last location to see partial Eclipse end||Sep 2 at 4:36 AM||Sep 2 at 12:36 AM|
* Local times shown do not refer to when the eclipse can be observed from New York. Instead, they indicate the times when the eclipse begins, is at its max, and ends, somewhere else on earth. The corresponding local times are useful if you want to view the eclipse via a live webcam.
Eclipses viewable in New York.
Eclipses during year 2035
- Feb 22, 2035 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- Mar 9 - Mar 10, 2035 Annular Solar Eclipse
- Aug 18 - Aug 19, 2035 Partial Lunar Eclipse
- Sep 1 - Sep 2, 2035 Total Solar Eclipse (Currently shown)
- Find Moonrise and Moonset for a location
- Moon Phase Calculator – Find moon phases for any year
- Find Sunrise and Sunset for a location
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun
- Calendar for 2014
- Calendar Generator – Create a calendar for any year
- Duration between two dates – Calculates number of days