Step-by-step instructions on creating a Printable Calendar (PDF) to print or share. You may also add your own events to the PDF calendar.
Calendar Types and Country
Select calendar type and design
Choose a calendar type by clicking one of the buttons: Yearly, Monthly, Weekly, or Daily
- Yearly: one year per page
- Monthly: one month per page, i.e., 12 pages per year
- Weekly: one week per page
- Daily: one day per page
- Family: roster with 1–20 columns (Supporters only)
- Multi-Month: 1–12 months per page (Supporters only)
You can also choose between different designs for most templates. Simply click on the preview under Choose a design to select the one you prefer. You can change to a different design at any point in the process.
If you have chosen a Weekly calendar, and you are used to starting your week on a Sunday, you must choose the design to the right as this is the only option which allows Sunday as the 1st day of the week.
Country and state
Choose a country in the Country drop-down menu. The service defaults to the calendar for the country you are located in or to the country chosen in your settings.
For some countries, a State drop-down appears where you can select a state within the country. State settings mainly affect your holiday selection. If you choose to display holidays for only one state, the holiday name will be displayed on your PDF and, in parenthesis, abbreviations for all states where this particular holiday is observed.
Start and end dates
Now choose start and end dates for your calendar.
- Daily & weekly: Choose or set dates. You can also enter a start date and then use the Days field to enter the number of days that your calendar should cover (maximum 366 days).
- Monthly: Add up to 12 months per calendar PDF.
- Yearly: Add up to three years per calendar PDF.
Exclusive Features for Paid Subscribers
How do I add my company logo to the Calendar?
You have to have the paid subscription Calendar PDF with Logo and be signed in to activate this service.
- Check the option called “Add your own logo.”
- Drag and drop an image of your company logo to the space where it says “Select / Drop Logo Here.” Alternatively, click once on the same space to open the folder where you store your logo image files and select the file you want to use.
- Supported image formats are PNG or JPG. We recommend that the file dimensions are larger than 1280px × 720px. The maximum supported resolution is: 2048px × 2048px. The resolution should be at least 300ppi.
How do I convert my logo file to a PNG?
To upload your company logo to the Calendar PDF, it has to be a PNG or JPG file.
If your logo is a .ai, .eps, or PDF file, follow the instructions below to convert the file to a PNG or JPG.
- Open .ai / .eps/ .pdf file
- Choose File -> Export as
- Select: PNG
- Click Export
- Select: Resolution: High 300ppi
- Select: Background color: Transparent
- Click Ok
- Choose File -> Open as Smart object
- Click Ok to rasterize format
- Select: File -> Export as
- Select: PNG
- Tick on Transparency
- Check if the image is above the recommended minimum size: 1280 × 720
- Click Export all
Free online conversion tool
Go to convertio.co and follow the simple step-by-step instructions on the page
How do I access the Multi-Month template?
How do I add, remove and name columns in the Family template?
The family calendar template defaults to four columns, but this is very easy to change.
You can add up to 20 columns per page, in either portrait or landscape format. Rotate the orientation by clicking the Rotate link.
To add columns, simply click the + Add column link.
To delete a column, hover your cursor over or next to the column and click the x delete link.
You can add a name on top of each column. If the name is long, the calendar will only display as many letters as there is room for; it will not expand the cell in any way. You can see what your chosen name looks like in the preview.
How do I choose how many months per page and per calendar in the Multi-Month template?
Select how many months you want on each page from 1–12 in the Multi-month layout: drop-down menu.
Choose the span of your calendar by selecting the Year: and the First month:. Select the total number of months you want to include in your calendar. You can choose up to 24 months in total.
Holidays & Observances
In this section, you can choose which holidays and observances should appear in the calendar. Simply tick the boxes next to the types of events you wish to add to the calendar. For a calendar without holidays or observances, untick all the boxes.
To change the color used in the calendar for each event type, click on one of the colored boxes appearing next to each category and select a color.
Your choices are immediately reflected in the preview.
- Text (Titles, weekdays, months, and holidays): With these drop-downs, you can choose a language and a font size for the calendar elements listed in the description: titles, weekdays, months, and holidays. English is available for all countries, along with German, and Norwegian as timeanddate.com has mirror sites in these languages: timeanddate.de and timeanddate.no. In addition, local languages are available for most countries' calendars. Here is a list of all the different languages and holidays available in our calendar database.
- First day of the week: On which day should the weeks in your calendar begin? Select Country default to apply the standard officially used in the country you selected for your calendar. Please note that this option is disabled if you have ticked the Show week numbers box.
- Print settings: Select a paper size (available formats are A4, A3, letter, legal, and ledger) and choose if you want to print black and white or color. In the yearly and daily calendar formats, you can also choose if you would like to use landscape or portrait orientation.
- Show week numbers: Tick this box to add week numbers to your calendar.
- Show next month preview or Show full month preview: Tick this box to add a small preview of the next month (available in monthly calendar only) or of the current month (daily and weekly calendar only) to your calendar.
- Begin holiday list on new page: Would you like to print out the list of holidays on a separate page to save space for the actual calendar? This option is only available in the yearly calendar.
Your choices are immediately reflected in the preview.
Saving, sharing, and printing
Once you have made your selections, click the Download PDF Calendar button to open or save your calendar. You can create as many calendars as you like.
On computers, the PDF file will be saved in your Downloads folder, and it will be named something along the lines of United States January 2017 - December 2017. You can open and view the file, print it, or share it via email or upload at your convenience. On mobile devices, you will be notified about where the PDF is stored.
Adding your own events
If you wish to add your own events to the calendar, go to My Calendar Events. For instructions, please see our help page.
Once you have added your events to the system, you can add them to the calendar by ticking off the list(s) below the header My events before you create the PDF.
Go to My Calendar Events
Where can I find more information about the site and its services?
The General FAQ Page answers your questions about timeanddate.com, our services, site-wide settings, customization options, advertising opportunities, and copyright policies.