A step-by-step guide to using the Live Countdowns with animations or text only. Counts down or up and takes DST changes into account.
Jump to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to make a countdown
- Select a theme by clicking on the thumbnail.
- If you want to give your event a unique name, enter it in the field called Countdown title.
- Choose a different font in the drop-down called Font style:. You can see a preview of the currently selected font directly below.
- Select the date and time of your event.
- Enter the location of your event by typing into the field called Location of event:. A list of possible matches will appear as you type.
- Tick how you want the time to be counted. You can choose between:
Weeks / Days / Hours / Minutes / Seconds
Days / Hours / Minutes / Seconds
- Tick Stop countdown at zero if you don't want your countdown to start counting up as you reach the time of your event.
- Finally, click Create Countdown.
- Save the countdown by creating a bookmark.
- Share a link to the countdown by copying the URL and pasting it to your social media account.
- Click the menu icon to edit the countdown, show it in fullscreen, switch to the Event Time Announcer, see a text-only version, or watch a demo of your countdown's final seconds.
My countdown is one hour wrong!
Does the countdown tick down live if I share it on facebook?
No, it is only counting live on our website. Your friends can click on the shared post, which will take them to the live countdown on our site.
I lost my countdown. Is it saved anywhere?
The countdowns are not saved on our servers. You have to save the URL as a bookmark or share it on social media to go back to it. Your browser may remember the URL for countdowns you have created in the past, so it is possible that you can reproduce it by typing https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/ into your address field. If this doesn't work, just create a new one.
I find a countdown offensive! Please delete it.
We at timeanddate.com do not create the personal messages or names on our online countdowns. Users do this. We also do not save them on our servers and can therefore not delete them. If someone is sharing content which may be offensive, we suggest you take this up with the people who are sharing it.
Where can I find more information about the site and its services?
The General FAQ Page answers your questions about timanddate.com, our services, site-wide settings and customization options, as well as advertising and copyright policies.