Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 4:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 16:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 413.77 meters/second, 1489.6 kilometres/hour, 925.6 miles/hour or 804.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||15.43 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||South||15.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 52.8"||925.21 mi||West||0° 00' 22.1"||0.42 mi||South||925.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 51.8"||798.56 mi||East||0° 41' 11.6"||47.24 mi||South||801.91 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kowloon||Sun 12:18 AM||41 km||25 miles||22 nm||SW|
|Hong Kong||Sun 12:18 AM||48 km||30 miles||26 nm||WSW|
|Shenzhen||Sun 12:18 AM||54 km||33 miles||29 nm||W|
|Zhuhai||Sun 12:18 AM||108 km||67 miles||58 nm||WSW|
|Macau||Sun 12:18 AM||113 km||70 miles||61 nm||WSW|
|Guangzhou||Sun 12:18 AM||149 km||93 miles||81 nm||WNW|
|Foshan||Sun 12:18 AM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||WNW|
|Shantou||Sun 12:18 AM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||ENE|
|Xiamen||Sun 12:18 AM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||ENE|
|Zhanjiang||Sun 12:18 AM||458 km||284 miles||247 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.