Aug 28, 2007 Total Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- Much of Asia
- Much of North America
- Much of South America
- Indian Ocean
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations being able to see at least parts of the Total part.
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
- Havana, Cuba
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Tokyo, Japan
- Lima, Lima, Peru
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Seoul, South Korea
- Manila, Philippines
- Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China
- San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- Santiago, Chile
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Guatemala, Guatemala
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China
Partial eclipse visible in:
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*||Visible in Seattle|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Aug 28 at 7:55 AM||Aug 28 at 12:55 AM||Yes|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Aug 28 at 8:54 AM||Aug 28 at 1:54 AM||Yes|
|Full Eclipse begins||Aug 28 at 9:53 AM||Aug 28 at 2:53 AM||Yes|
|Maximum Eclipse||Aug 28 at 10:37 AM||Aug 28 at 3:37 AM||Yes|
|Full Eclipse ends||Aug 28 at 11:21 AM||Aug 28 at 4:21 AM||Yes|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Aug 28 at 12:20 PM||Aug 28 at 5:20 AM||Yes|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Aug 28 at 1:19 PM||Aug 28 at 6:19 AM||Yes|
* The Moon is above the horizon during this eclipse, so with good weather conditions in Seattle, the entire eclipse is visible.