Aug 28, 2007 Total Lunar Eclipse
What this lunar eclipse looks like
The animation shows approximately what the eclipse looks like from the night side of earth.
BETA: This is a temporary animation, it would look different in real life. We hope to fix that issue soon.
Click the 'play' button to view the animation. The pause button can also be used to temporarily suspend the animation.
Where to see the eclipse
Continents seeing at least some parts of the eclipse:
- West in Asia
- West in Australia
- East in North America
- East in South America
Total eclipse visible in:
Locations near the shadow's path:
- Melekeok, Palau
- Vladivostok, Russia
- Manila, Philippines
- Eucla, Western Australia, Australia
- Magadan, Russia
- Shanghai, China
- Makassar, South Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
- Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia
- Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
- Tokyo, Japan
- Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Dili, Timor-Leste
- Seoul, South Korea
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Yakutsk, Russia
- Pontianak, West Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia
- Beijing, China
Partial eclipse visible in:
- Washington DC, District of Columbia, U.S.A.
- Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- Caracas, Venezuela
- Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico
- New York, New York, U.S.A.
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Vientiane, Laos
- Chengdu, China
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia
- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Naypyidaw, Myanmar
- Irkutsk, Russia
- Chittagong, Bangladesh
When the eclipse happens worldwideLunar eclipses look approximately the same all over the world and happen at the same time.
The times displayed might be a minute or two off actual times.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Seattle*||Visible in Seattle|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||Aug 28 at 7:55 AM||Aug 28 at 12:55 AM||Yes|
|Partial Eclipse begins||Aug 28 at 8:54 AM||Aug 28 at 1:54 AM||Yes|
|Full Eclipse begins||Aug 28 at 9:53 AM||Aug 28 at 2:53 AM||Yes|
|Maximum Eclipse||Aug 28 at 10:37 AM||Aug 28 at 3:37 AM||Yes|
|Full Eclipse ends||Aug 28 at 11:21 AM||Aug 28 at 4:21 AM||Yes|
|Partial Eclipse ends||Aug 28 at 12:20 PM||Aug 28 at 5:20 AM||Yes|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||Aug 28 at 1:19 PM||Aug 28 at 6:19 AM||Yes|
* The Moon is over the horizon during this eclipse, so with good weather conditions in Seattle, the entire eclipse is visible.